Monkey Pox

Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

Monkey Pox

What are we doing about the Monkey Pox concerns? We should be addressing this ASAP? Before it gets out of control!

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/symptoms.html

23 Replies 23

@Anonymous I think MPX  has just taken a plane to Australia and jumped into the hetero world < as you say it was only a matter of time . My daughters friends child has it , although she seems to not want to believe it . My son , elder, is in Cologne at the mo , borders are pretty open, just recently . My other sons girlfriend is an Airhostess and staying with her brother for three weeks in Columbia . Just when I thought we could leave the hose . I wonder if people are thinking they could get it from Airbnbs? H

house

@Helen744  foot and mouth is a far bigger concern right now. my neighbours down the road came back from Bali with it, he did 2 weeks qt at home.  

@Gillian166 People do not get foot and mouth disease Gillian , animals do . It can come back from Bali on peoples shoes and devastate livestock. People can get hand foot and mouth,  usually only if they are under five.Different thing . H

@Helen744  yeah i didn't say he was sick, i was saying i'm far more concerned about F&M in my country right now, than monkeypox. It's actually astounding they let him go home and trusted him to do the qt (and trust him to sanitise his own belongings properly). he's a nice guy but not really the type to care about the farming industry or anything beyond the city. During covid the police actually did random checks on people staying home to do qt, and no one bothered to check in on this guy.

I'm going to update my listing to include a warning about F&M and what precautions to take before arriving. 

@gGillian166 I thought it was as simple as throw your shoes away at the airport. H

I understand that contaminated linens are the biggest concern for HOSTS, not guests. So I will be wearing long sleeved rubber gloves when removing linens from recent stays as this is the most direct exposure hosts will have with guests who may have MP, which by the way look exactly like pimples. 

@Stefanie220   Handling the dirty linens and towels with gloves is good practice anyway, as you never know what's going to turn up in them.

Stefanie220
Level 2
Westminster, CO

My biggest concern is not the fatality (which is very low), but the facial/body scarring that can occur after lesions are healed. Think small pox facial scarring. 😨😨😨