Monthly Stays

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Monthly Stays

Airbnb purges its wildly successful Monthly Stays Platform.  Hosts locked out of ever explanding lucrative Monthly Stay market. Stockholders take note of plunging revenues. Occupancy rates crash as guests abandon Airbnb in their search for  places to live and work in the travel work lodging market. Why has this happened. Without so much as an announcement to the Hosts or Stockholders that Airbnb had decided to purge its most popular lodging product which served the fastest growing sector of the nightly lodging industry and replace it with products no one wants and no market has been created ~ Airbnb has destroyed itself.

But there is a solution. With a few clicks and a couple of upgrades the former platforms can be restored.  And the cash cow that driving all the growth- the Monthly Stay- can resume what it does so very well--make lots of money.

Before this happened the typical monthly stay property was earning 80% to 90% occupancy. And to sweeten the pot ABB installed a setting that allowed Hosts to Rent the Gap, that the days that are between monthly reservations and less than #28. Still allowing for 2 days blocked for COVID.befor and after every booking.  Hosts can unblock those available dates and set $price they want.  No opportunity wasted. Win. Win. More money

Susan
2 Replies 2
Genaro18
Level 6
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am fascinated by this saga like it's a telenovella. 

Our listing is like from another planet compared to this.

A year of trial and error resulted in a completely counterintuitive business model of one night only stays, two if necessary - zero flexibility on a rigid list of requirements as the machinery of 7 listings all only 5 minutes from Airport gates, $8 UBER, our entire business model is "The Art of the Turnover" every day noon-3, and if you ask a question about early checkin, we warn in the listing it's a trick question if you ask the same day, you get no answer, just blocked and "read the listing". 

109% Occupancy. Non Refundables are a sweet deal for a host if you don't mind the Las Vegas atmosphere. Yes, that's possible, no platform report comprehends it. 

Your message about the Monthly stay issue is the most logical, clear stated, and BLUNT (AS IT SHOULD BE) about this issue.

I think I snapped my finger "twice" and might gave even said "you go girl" at the end of it. 

Genaro

@Genaro18   Wow!. You targeted your market, identified exactly the customer base you wanted and you own the one night stay for airport travel folks!  What your story and mine prove is that the imperative for any successful business is to know your customer base and fulfill their needs perfectly, exactly and consistently. Now for me all I have to do is convince ABB to restore the Monthly Stay platform in its original incarnation and leave the rest to hosts like me how have figured out how to work with it.  Wish me luck.

p.s. I have reached out to actor/abb investor & team member  -  Ashton Kushner. The telenovella continues.

Susan