My Host canceled to accept other booking

My Host canceled to accept other booking

HOst ** is the same **used to open both accounts for same place. Canceled me to charge someone else higher rates for the same period of time.

SHe scammed me and Airbnb is allowing her to do this.

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

**Title also edited  for clarity 

5 Replies 5

@Loretta119  If you have evidence that a host is using duplicate listings to evade cancellation penalties, you can flag their account for investigation. But it won't change the outcome for your trip - you're still going to have to book somewhere else. 

Established, reputable hosts don't cancel on their guests and pull dumb stunts like this one, so if you use Airbnb again in the future, look for older listings with lots of reviews and no host cancellations. If an offer seems strangely cheap for the location and season, it's probably phony. 

My complaint is with Airbnb.  They have not responded to my numerous attempts to flag this host.  She is just a thief.  Airbnb should be doing something about her.  I even gave them her telephone number which she stupidly used for both accounts so they can easily see for themselves.

@Loretta119   You've described this host as a scammer and a thief - are you implying that you didn't get a full refund?

When a host cancels a booking, Airbnb charges them a fine, and the guest is supposed to get 100% of their money back plus a credit to apply toward a replacement booking. 

an un-useable coupon, and so far no refund despite the email.  It is not worth discussing anymore.  I just wanted the community to know this.

@Loretta119  You wanted the community to know what, exactly?