My app logo changed without any confirmed update!? It looks chinese now... what is this?

Answered!
André1810
Level 2
P, Germany

My app logo changed without any confirmed update!? It looks chinese now... what is this?

Hello, I´m using Airbnb for years - all good so far. But I´ve discovered yesterday that my app logo has changed into that (picture) - is that new? The app store shows me the old logo without the "blue wave". Did anyone else recognized this?

Screenshot_20240710_064934_com.huawei. android.launcher_edit_336331093265864.jpg

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi everyone 👋 
@André1810 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Jos15149 

Thank you all so much for sharing this, and for your patience as the team worked on this issue. We are pleased to share that this has now been resolved - you can return your app icon to its normal state by uninstalling the app from your device and downloading it again from the GooglePlay Store.  

If your device does not have access to the GooglePlay Store, we advise you to use the Airbnb platform via your chosen device web browser, or a desktop machine.

Many thanks,

Rebecca 🦋

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

My wife experienced this yesterday. Contact with Airbnb did nor result in a clear answer. Like to hear more about this. Regards, Jos

Till-and-Jutta0
Top Contributor
Stuttgart, Germany

Thank you! Already subscribed to the thread. Hope that we will find a solution. This Post can be closed 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi everyone 👋 
@André1810 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Jos15149 

Thank you all so much for sharing this, and for your patience as the team worked on this issue. We are pleased to share that this has now been resolved - you can return your app icon to its normal state by uninstalling the app from your device and downloading it again from the GooglePlay Store.  

If your device does not have access to the GooglePlay Store, we advise you to use the Airbnb platform via your chosen device web browser, or a desktop machine.

Many thanks,

Rebecca 🦋

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Is our data safe? Seems like a pretty big deal that Airbnb had no idea what was going on for at least 12 hours...

I have bookings from months ago so can't remove my paypal account... is this safe?

And what about those who used the compromised app?

This is a pretty big deal...