My listings in Ukraine were suspended

Yehor1
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

My listings in Ukraine were suspended

Hi all

I created a few listings of my apartments in Kyiv and Sumy.

I've already received a few bookings - but then all my listings were suspended with no reason.

Can you please help me with this?

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Yehor1 

Sadly there has been an issue with some unscrupulous people trying to take advantage of the tragic situation in Ukraine by setting up false listings to take advantage of hosts and the public booking accommodation in Ukraine to try and help established hosts financially.

I believe Airbnb has therefore suspended newly created listings in Ukraine,  so they can vet them to make sure they are genuine. 

not correct. My account has a 10 years history. I'm from Ukraine too. After I received some charity bookings, I found my listings suspended today. So it doesn't apply to newly registered accounts. It's a shame of Airbnb. Absolute shame. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think there may be some confusion. It doesn't matter how long you have had an account. It matters when you set up your listings. 

I can only see two listings on your account @Ivan1882 

One of which only has reviews for this March and a hotel room with reviews since February so it does appear these were both recently set up.

I can't see any listings with reviews going back over the past ten years. But I can see you are a superhost so I am not sure what happened to your other listings ?

I hope genuine long established Ukrainian hosts aren't caught up in the block Airbnb has had to set up in Ukraine  of new listings,  as sadly there are some people who are setting up these listings to benefit from as you call them 'charity bookings'. 

Helen, unfortunately there are some people who did this to get benefits.
I hope airbnb will find a way for verification for people like me who are real volunteers and use these 'charity bookings' for real charity - I do have reports and checks.

@Helen3  I see guest reviews going back to 2018 on Ivan's account. All I see there now are 5 suspended listings, but according to Kate's post below, he set up 30 listings recently.

Regardless of whether Ukrainian hosts need money, that comes across as pretty scammy, and I imagine Airbnb saw it that way, too.

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Ivan1882 @I have replied to your recent post, I suspect that increasing your listings up to 30 rooms will have been the issue here.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi everyone,

@Yehor1 @Ivan1882 I'm so sorry to hear your listings were suspended. I understand that you want to help your community in these devastating times and both the people that donate by booking, and Hosts like you that use these donations to support their community, are heroes in their own way. 

Though a selfless and beautiful initiative, I'd like to remind everyone that the best way to make sure that people in need of help receive it is to donate directly through Airbnb.org

We will continue to support those in need however we can. Stay safe. 🇺🇦

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen