,NZ superhost help

Jane240
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

,NZ superhost help

I need some help with how to escalate an issue to AirBNB in NZ please. I’ve made repeated contact with the support centre over the past 2 weeks and they have ignored repeated emails. On 5th April I  got an email to say my Superhost status (which I’ve had continually for 6 years since the first asssessment) had been removed due to multiple cancellations. I had cancelled one booking in Oct 21 after the guest requested it as we had been dropped into the Waikato lockdown overnight (obviously all guests then cancelled bookings and I had no guests at all for several months). I’d then had to ask AirBnB to cancel one in March when my son got COVID and we had to isolate. Apparently they don’t adjust their ‘COVID criteria’ for superhost assessment by country and the rep last night told me basically tough luck.

Any advice on where to go next if email contact is ignored?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jane240 The requirements for Superhost status do mean that some will lose it. It is particularly important not to help guests by cancelling for them - Cancellations should be agreed with Airbnb to be neutral if at all possible (we have done this several times to make sure we complied with UK laws during Covid). It helps in these situations to have guest messages supporting/requesting the cancellation.

Anyway while we would hate to lose our superhost status I am told it makes little difference to booking rates and you will no doubt be happier if you are not (as we are) constantly worried about losing it!

What annoys me is that’s what I did - I have the guest messages supporting this and supplied them to AirBNB but their staff don’t seem to actually read them or understand! At the moment I’m trying to get the case escalated with no success…