Need better customer service for hosts

Amy1875
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Need better customer service for hosts

Given that hosts are the reason Airbnb can even exist, there should be a dedicated customer service for hosts. I had my listing deactivated without warning and took 1 month and 10 calls to get it sorted. Made me want to take my listing off Airbnb. It was a terrible experience. And I am a super host. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amy1875  There are thousands of posts on this forum from both hosts and guests outraged about the abysmal customer service. It seems evident that the company doesn't care.

Tom3399
Level 1
North Carolina, United States

AirBnB joins the long list of corporations that has exasperating CUSStomer service, and as other folks on this forum have pointed out it is us hosts that provide the rentals that AirBnB makes the big bucks off of.  The problem with their sometimes (but TOO OFTEN) abysmal CUSStomer service for hosts starts at the TOP of the company with whoever made the decision to OUTSOURCE customer service to a third party.  That in and of itself is not necessarily a poor decision, but what IS a poor decision is AirBnB firewalling us hosts from being able to escalate an unsatisfactory resolution or decision on the part of the third party customer service subcontractor (the folks you talk to are NOT AirBnB employees: They are third party subcontractors who work for a company AirBnB OUTSOURCES their customer service to) to an actual AirBnB manager who is an actual employee of AirBnB.  

The solution?  I think we hosts should organize outside of this AirBnB forum and stage the equivalent of a “strike” and only rent our properties through their main competitor until AirBnB improves their host customer service and removes the firewall that keeps us from being able to escalate an unfair decision on the part of a third party subcontracted customer service person to an actual AirBnB manager employed by AirBnB who has been properly trained to handle problems that cannot be resolved by the third party subcontractor.

To show you how bad the current customer service is in my situation the third party subcontractor admitted that AirBnB made a mistake when it blocked and kept me from renting Easter weekend.  We have a 4 night minimum at $895 a night for holiday weekends. I lost over $3000 because of Airbnb’s mistake.  When the third party subcontract supervisor handling my complaint could not resolve the problem and send me a reimbursement for Airbnb’s mistake I asked that they have an actual AirBnB employee manager contact me and they said they would “escalate the problem to a team that could help with the problem” and that I would hear from someone on that team soon.  All I have heard is silence. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Airbmb does not care and SHAME on them for not caring and having a firewall that keeps us from having a conversation about resolving a problem directly with AirBnB and keeping us stuck running in circles only being able to talk with a subcontractor.  ARE YOU LISTENING BRIAN CHESKY OR ARE YOU TOO BUSY OUT TRYING TO SAVE THE WOLD AND HELP UKRAINE TO HELP THE HOSTS WHO HAVE HELPED MAKE YOU A BILLIONAIRE.  I APPLAUD YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO TO HELP UKRAINE BUT HOW ANOUT A LITTLE HELP FOR US HOSTS AND CRESTING A TEAM OF AIRBMB EMPLOYEES TO RESCUE US FROM YOUR THIRD PARTY CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUBCONTRACTORS WHEN THEY RUN US IN CIRCLES AND DO NOT RESOLVE A PROBLEM.