Need help verifying my ID

Need help verifying my ID

I recently joined airbnb and want to make a booking. My host is a little concerned about my profile, because it has no reviews. I think it can help if I verify my profile with government ID. But I am stuck at this step. I am loading more and more photos of front and back of my passport and my selfie. But I keep receiving messages, that my photos arn't clear enough. My photos like 2000 by 1000 pixels and I can see my face, I can read all the text. I tried diffrent photos like 4 times with the same result.
Can somebody help me? maybe share some advice on how to get verified? Meybe the servers are unstable now or some other issues?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Serhii15 

I recently learned from several of my guests the ID verification procedure failed many times before being succesfull.

Also i takes a lot of patience from hosts (booking status "awaiting verification") before such a booking turns into a reservation. Or the booking is rejected by Airbnb (verification has failed /time limit has expired, so everything has to start all over again !).

Thank you for replying. I already verified my ID. I have a small tip for anyone who interested: try selecting another document type before you load photos. There was three options for loading photos:
1. Something that I dont remmeber
2. Passport
3. Other document

I was trying to load photos of my passport, so I picked option 2. That did not work out.
So in despair I picked option 3 and still load photos of my passport. And only than my account became verifyed first try.

Hope it helps to somebody)
Best regards.