Have you faced technical issues with the Resolution Centre when filing an Aircover claim?

Sharmini5
Level 2
Colombo, Sri Lanka

Have you faced technical issues with the Resolution Centre when filing an Aircover claim?

I have been an Airbnb Host only for 7 months (since June 2021). I was fortunate in having very decent long-stay guests, except for two. The first guest damaged several items in my premises. The loss was $100 but I was reimbursed by Aircover.

The second guest totally disregarded my house rules and almost set fire to my apartment. As requested by Airbnb Support I asked my guest if he was prepared to pay for the damages and deep cleaning, but he very rudely refused. He got so angry that he even went to the extent of leaving a very nasty review loaded with lies and brought down my 5-star rating down to 4.56.

I am now faced with a technical issue with the Resolution Centre that prevents me from completing my Aircover request. The prompts freeze at the 6th stage and I can't proceed.

I first contacted Airbnb Support about this issue almost a week ago but the technical issue with the Resolution Centre has still not been fixed.

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would call them back every day and also flag the issue publicly on their social media explaining the situation.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Sharmini5 I'm sorry to hear you're running into these issues! There are a few things you can try to get past the 6th stage on the Resolution Center. If you're on the website you could try to delete cookies and browser history and restart your browser. If you're using the app, make sure you have the latest version or try to delete and reinstall. Also if you're using the website perhaps try the app instead, and vice versa.

Could you tell me a bit more about the issue and the steps you're taking? Are you on the website or the app? You mentioned it gets stuck at stage 6 but what exactly is stage 6, and what are the steps you take prior to it getting stuck? 

Let me know and hopefully we can get it working again for you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Good day to you, Sybe. Thank you for reaching out. I'm using my laptop and not the app on my phone. I deleted cookies and browser history and restarted my browser but there was no change. There appears to be a bug in the Resolution Centre.

The 6 screenshots show where I get stuck. At the 6th stage, the "Next" prompt becomes invisible/

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

E.pngF.pngD.png

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Sharmini5 thanks for the screenshots, I'm sending this over to the team now! I'll keep you updated here. I have removed your first and second screenshot in line with the Community Guidelines but don't worry, I have all the information I need. 🙂

-----

Thank you very much for your support, Sybe. 

Since I was unable to make my Aircover request via the Resolution Centre, a person called Masha contacted me via email. I sent her all the information regarding the Aircover request.

I have not heard from this person since and I haven't a clue as to what is happening.

I have been an Airbnb Host for a little over seven months and as such, still on a learning curve.

Thank you very much once again for your support.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Sharmini5 Apologies for the delay! I just got an update with something we could try. When you select "It required unexpected cleaning", there should be some more fields below asking for more details. If you're zoomed in too much it can happen that you can't scroll down and the fields won't show up. Could you try reducing your browser zoom settings and see if you can reach the extra fields that way?

If that doesn't work, could you please make a video and send it to the CS agent you're in contact with? They can help you once they have the video as well.

I hope this works! 😃

-----

I visited the Resolution Centre and saw a message stating that my Aircover request is under review. This means that the email communication with Airbnb has worked. As requested, I sent all the information and evidence via email which I would have otherwise sent via the Resolution Centre.

Thank you once again for your support, Sybe.download (1).png

Paresh3
Level 3
Budapest, Hungary

I have the SAME problem with submitting my claim.  In fact I am unable to even add my 1st item. Have now been in contact with 'support' for 4 days and little progress other than to tell me their engineers are working on it!

Meanwhile according to airbnb claims must be submitted before the next guest checks in, and yet THEIR 'technical issues' are preventing me from doing just that. I have asked for an alternative means to submit my claim, but not heard anything back.

I have spent a lot of time following their 'troubleshooting' steps, but just basically repeating things on different browsers, computers, clearing caches, history, cookies, etc. things I tried already my self without any success.

Suddenly it's all gone quiet and don't know where I stand, and I am running out of time.