Need help with first guest review - minor damage

Need help with first guest review - minor damage

Hi,

We are new to AirBnb and just and just had our first guest.  She's written a review but it's not visible to me yet.  This guest never responded to any of my information e-mails (sending a digital guidebook, sending the door code, providing updated area info, etc) and didn't have any questions after booking.  Upon check-out, my cleaners found a large red stain on top of a brand new white dresser.  I figure this goes in the "wear and tear" territory and chalk it up to being foolish for buying a white dresser in the first place.  However, the guest didn't report this damage.  I e-mailed her and asked what caused it, to aid us in removing it because thus far it's not coming off.  I did not ask for money and took the approach of asking her help so we can clean it. No response from that e-mail either.

So my question is, how would do this guest review? It'll be my first guest review out there.  Should I mention the damage and lack of communication from the guest?  Here's what I'm thinking of writing:

"Lisa and her group checked in and out promptly, which really helps our cleaning team. They followed our house rules. I would have liked a little more communication from Lisa to know that she'd the house info I sent and to give me a heads up on the stain left on one of our new dressers. I understand accidents happen, but I would have really appreciated a head's up from Lisa or a response to my inquiry about the cause of the stain (to helps us figure out how to remove it). Other than that, Lisa and her group were good guests."

Appreciate any advice on how best to handle this guest review.

Paul

3 Replies 3
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

As this will be your first guest review, I suggest you don’t post the review quite like that, and quite so quickly. Future guests may look up what kind of reviews you write.

If the guest just checked out, you have almost 2 weeks to write the review. And she already wrote hers, and cannot change it, so whatever you do now, cannot affect her review. 

But firstly: I see you write that you ”e-mailed her”. Do you mean you sent her messages via Airbnb, or are you actually e-mailing, i.e communicating outside the Airbnb tool?

Hi,

I sent the messages via Airbnb. All my communications to her were via Airbnb messages.

Would you mention the lack of communication and damage at all?

Thank you,

Paul

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Paul7342 I would say 'There were no problems with check-in or check-out, however XX's lack of communication before, during and after her stay was stressful for us as hosts.  Something like that.  I don't think a guest who never responds to any messages and leaves damage is a good guest.