Neighbor requested to book BUT wants to see the suite first.

Answered!
Sean-and-Meg0
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Neighbor requested to book BUT wants to see the suite first.

We had a neighbor (3 houses away) asking to book our suite but requested they see it first. We declined and stated that we do not rent to anyone local. We are friendly with them and wave and say hello but that is the extent of our relationship. It seemed very odd to us?! Has anyone else had a situation like this?

Meg / Sean
1 Best Answer
Brendan153
Level 3
Australia

If they were renovating that seems perfectly normal. Or had in-laws in town and needed the extra space locally.

5 Replies 5
Brendan153
Level 3
Australia

If they were renovating that seems perfectly normal. Or had in-laws in town and needed the extra space locally.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sean-and-Meg0  What's most odd is that you don't seem to have asked him why he wants to book a place 3 doors down, and that he didn't offer that information. Do people not know how to communicate anymore?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 No people do not know how to communicate anymore. I remember asking many new starters at work to call a colleague or a customer only to find they would send an email instead. It beggars belief that technology has shut down the human voice.

@Sean-and-Meg0 This bookings sounds about as low risk as it can get. Yes you need to understand why they want to book but just knowing where they live is a huge positive if something did go wrong.

Sean-and-Meg0
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hello, There was more communication (I left that out) it was the part about wanting to see the suite in person prior to booking that seemed odd to us. Thank you for the input.

Meg / Sean

@Sean-and-Meg0 I would never ever accommodate that request from a perfect stranger, but I would accommodate for a neighbor if it wasn’t a huge inconvenience. If it was an inconvenience then all you have to say is ‘so sorry I can’t do that however, do be reassured that the listing description and photos very accurately represent the space’.

And if they wanted a place nearby to accommodate visiting family or friends, or needed to vacate their place temporarily, I see no reason when you would decline just because they are ‘local.’