New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

83 Replies 83
Muhammad438
Level 2
Lisburn, United Kingdom

Hosting has been an amazing experience, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have a few basic questions and would really appreciate your assistance with the following queries.

1. Pay pal is better or bank account is better and quicker for pay outs?

2. DO we have to mention all these pay outs in our tax statement as well. how to get that guidance regarding showing this extra income in one's personal link.

3. how one hosting can be improved?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad438 👋

It's great to have you here with us. 🎉

You've come to the right place as we're here to support you! You've got some great questions, I'd recommend starting a conversation for any questions you may have!  😊

-----

Robyn518
Level 2
Northam, Australia

hi Rebecca,

Thanks for welcoming us all.  It is a lovely community.  We have had such a great start in our first month of our hosting journey.  We have had  multiple bookings for our  ‘Room’. With one being a repeat booking.  And we have had 3 bookings for our cottage for August (we are still renovating, so the cottage is blocked until end of July) so I am stoked about that. 

I have loved hosting our international guests, and participating in some cross cultural learning, it’s fabulous.  When we first listed I was thinking we would just get workers, which is common in our area, I didn’t consider holiday makers, let alone international guests.  So it was a wonderful surprise and I am looking forward to having many more.  

My husband has an employee that wants to book the cottage for a really long stay (he has moved from NZ and is waiting for his family to get visas before purchasing a property).  I am trying to work out how we can do a long stay, possibly 6 months or more without it being a big hassle for our guest.   The Airbnb support has been great guiding me through this.  I do think I need to book a phone conversation though 😃

I am loving everything about hosting.  I finally have found something that plays into my strengths, haha.  I do think I need a bigger washing machine 😅

I have been researching where to get better quality, more durable yet lux bedding as my current purchases  won’t last with this amount of regular laundering.  Do you have any suggestions  of brands or suppliers for Australia (WA)?

I have been reading the Airbnb articles on how to make our spaces special and have applied what I have learned which seems to have had a positive impact so far.  

Overall this is so much fun I am really looking forward to what lays ahead for our listings.  I’m already dreaming of my next one 💭 🥰

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Robyn518 👋

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and enthusiasm in your hosting journey! It's wonderful to hear that you've had a great start, with multiple bookings and even a repeat booking. Congratulations on the success so far, and I'm thrilled to hear about the bookings for your cottage in August. 🎉

I wish you continued success, enjoyable hosting experiences, and the fulfillment of your dreams in your future listings. If you ever have further questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

-----

Eduardo2134
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Rebeca, thank you so much for the welcome message. I’m really excited to join the journey. I would love some recommendations on turnover and cleaning services in my area. If anyone has any resources that they can help me with thank you so much ahead of time.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Eduardo2134 👋

You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear that you're excited to join the hosting journey!  While I don't have specific recommendations for services in your area, you may find more local recommendations through reaching out to other hosts in your area through Airbnb community groups or local host meet-ups. 

I hope this helps 😊

-----

Cyntia30
Level 1
Rimini, Italy

Hi rebecca! Thanks for you welcome message!!

I'm so happy and a little nervous because i would very want give a wonderful experience .

Spero avere tanti ospiti di tante parte diverse!!

grazie mille!

Translation: I hope to have many guests from many different parts!!
A thousand thanks!

cyntia  

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cyntia30 👋

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that you're happy and excited to provide a wonderful experience for your guests. It's completely normal to feel a mix of happiness and nerves when starting out, but I'm confident that your dedication will shine through in creating a fantastic stay for your guests. 😍 

Wishing you the best of luck 🍀

-----

I am happy to be hosting on Airbnb but would like to have more strategy on how to increase my traffic.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Supreme-Class-Properties0 👋

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you! 🎉

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊

-----

Dear Rebecca,

My property is a 5 bedroom and has got a lot of potential.  Currently only 4 bedrooms are been let out.  I am planning to have an outdoor kitchen BBQ area, a gym sauna and many more.

First thing is to make enough money for this expansion, what is the best strategy to use to increase my booking.

Thank you 

Isaac 

Hi Rebecca,

I appreciate the warm welcome. I'm excited to be part of this community and am gradually learning the ropes. My aim is to increase the number of guests and fully book the apartments. I'm open to any tips, as I'm just starting out in this field.

Thanks!
Best regards,

Sembiev

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kanat3 👋

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you! 🎉

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have about anything specific!  😊

-----

Miriam987
Level 2
Vicenza, Italy

Hi had this experience for a massive gathering in town, was nice, unfortunately had some damages, and do not know who is responsible .. bad luck .. will reduce offered service and increase prices

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Miriam987 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the damages you experienced during the massive gathering. It can be frustrating not knowing who is responsible for the damages. Did you reach out to Airbnb for support? 

-----