New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

83 Replies 83

Yes, but unfortunately not knowing which of the guest did it we cannot do anything

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that @Miriam987

It might be worth talking about your recent experience in a thread of it's own to see if any of the experienced Hosts can support you in the future - feel free to start a conversation 😊 

-----

Adriana-Aparecida2
Level 2
Londrina, Brazil

Olá Rebeca obrigado pelo seu acolhimento nesta comunidade. Comecei esta nova jornada porque houve uma redução drástica no meu salário de professora de arte. A princípio estou colocando um valor abaixo da média para atrair mais hóspedes neste início. Preparei minha suíte com o máximo de cuidado e atenção que consegui.

Gostaria que vissem meu anúncio e dessem opiniões assim como outras dicas para melhorar. O processo de receber hóspedes em minha casa está me surpreendendo positivamente cada vez mais. Percebo que ajudo as pessoas e vice-versa. Estou muito grato e pretendo melhorar bastante as instalações na medida que melhorar financeiramente. Um abraço 

Atenciosamente 

Adriana Aparecida Vitorino - Londrina/Brasil

Translation: Hello Rebeca, thank you for your welcome in this community. I started this new journey because there was a drastic reduction in my art teacher salary. At first I'm setting a value below average to attract more guests at the beginning. I prepared my suite with as much care and attention as I could muster.

I would like you to see my ad and give opinions as well as other tips to improve. The process of welcoming guests into my home is surprising me more and more positively. I realize that I help people and vice versa. I am very grateful and I intend to improve the facilities a lot as I improve financially. A hug

Yours sincerely

Adriana Aparecida Vitorino - Londrina/Brazil

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Olá @Adriana-Aparecida2

Um cordial cumprimento e muito obrigado por participar neste tópico.

Você chegou ao lugar perfeito para receber comentários e sugestões sobre como melhorar seu anúncio. Nossos anfitriões ficarão encantados em ajudar.

Aqui está o link sobre "Pergunte à Comunidade "O que devo melhorar no meu anúncio?" para obter conselhos e aumentar suas reservas! e convido você a continuar esta conversa em nossa comunidade de língua portuguesa, onde temos muitos anfitriões incríveis do Brasil.

---

Hello Adriana,

A warm welcome and many thanks for participating in this thread.

You’ve come to the perfect place to receive feedback and suggestions on how to improve your listing. Our hosts will be delighted to help.

Here is the link on "Ask the Community 'What should I improve in my listing?' to get advice and increase your bookings!" I also invite you to continue this conversation in our Portuguese-speaking community, where we have many amazing hosts from Brazil.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Irene1435
Level 2
Harare, Zimbabwe

Wow. It has been a real adventure. I have learnt a lot from the guests I have hosted so far. I'm pleased and encouraged because all the guests so far have given a 5 star rating, which is really encouraging.

I managed to host a Super host and I am very grateful for the ideas he shared with me on how to improve my apartment. I was also a bit flattered when he mentioned that he was also taking a few notes from my apartment. 

I'm pleased to have made some money from the apartment. It is different from just leaving it unoccupied.

Yah. So far so good. I'm hopeful for the future. 🥰💃💃

Hello my name is Ibrahim from Uganda

Am always very grateful being in this plat form and i do welcome quests from where ever to come and have great experience in my area so that they can share great experiences

I have not yest hosted but am really looking forward to it and i will be very much pleased

You are welcome

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ibrahim260 and welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 👋

Even though you haven't hosted yet, your enthusiasm and willingness to open your home to guests is already a great start. I'm sure you will be a fantastic host! If you ever need any tips or information on how to get started or enhance your hosting experience, feel free to start a conversation 😊  The Airbnb community is here to support you.

Wishing you all the best in your upcoming hosting journey! 🌍🏠

-----

Thanks a lot Rebecca for always being there to support us and to encourage us 

Sure i really need lots of tips and information on how to enhance my journey as am really looking forward for my number one guest or guests

Once again thanks for great guidance and your efforts

Regards to all

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Irene1435 👋

That's wonderful to hear! It sounds like you've had a positive experience hosting guests and receiving 5-star ratings - hosting a Superhost must have been a great achievement, and it's fantastic that you were able to exchange ideas and learn from each other.

Keep up the good work! 🌟

-----