New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

175 Replies 175

Thanks Rebecca 

No, I haven’t done any deals before or yet. I work part time, so will update my listing with a few more photos and perhaps some videos tomorrow.

Once I’ve done that, I will try the Insta promotion.

I’ve dropped my prices to be more competitive with other listings on pricing until the end of September. 

Fingers crossed 🤞 I get some winter escape bookings very soon.

Cheers

Joy

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds great @Joy1717 - have you asked for a listing critique on the Community yet? If you head to  Ask about your listing - you can create a post in there asking other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. You'll be so surprised what other people see! 

Wishing you all the best of luck! 🍀

-----

Bonjour Rebecca,

Merci beaucoup pour ce message chaleureux et accueillant ! 😊

Je suis ravi(e) de me lancer dans cette aventure d’hôte au sein de cette communauté dynamique. L’idée d’ouvrir mes portes aux voyageurs me remplit d’enthousiasme, et je suis impatient(e) de créer des moments mémorables pour mes futurs invités.

Ce qui m’excite le plus, c’est l’opportunité d’apprendre à offrir une expérience exceptionnelle et personnalisée. J’ai hâte d’améliorer continuellement mes compétences en matière d’accueil, que ce soit en perfectionnant l’art de la communication avec mes invités ou en créant une ambiance chaleureuse et accueillante dans mon espace.

partenaire pour aider Je suis également très intéressé(e) par toute assistance que vous pourriez me fournir, qu’il s’agisse de conseils pratiques pour débuter ou de ressources pour maximiser la satisfaction des invités. Mon objectif est de devenir un hôte exemplaire et de faire en sorte que chaque séjour soit une expérience inoubliable pour mes visiteurs. et pourquoi pas devenir par hôte partenaire pour aider d’autres propriétaires

Encore une fois, merci pour votre soutien, et je me réjouis de partager cette aventure avec vous et le reste de la communauté.

À très bientôt .

Stéphane 

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you very much for this warm and welcoming message! 😊

I am delighted to embark on this hosting adventure within this dynamic community. The idea of ​​opening my doors to travelers fills me with enthusiasm, and I can't wait to create memorable moments for my future guests.

What excites me most is the opportunity to learn how to deliver an exceptional, personalized experience. I look forward to continually improving my hospitality skills, whether by perfecting the art of communicating with my guests or creating a warm and welcoming ambiance in my space.

partner to help I'm also very interested in any assistance you can provide, whether it's practical tips for getting started or resources for maximizing guest satisfaction. My goal is to become an exemplary host and ensure that each stay is an unforgettable experience for my visitors. and why not become a partner host to help other owners

Once again, thank you for your support, and I look forward to sharing this adventure with you and the rest of the community.

See you soon.

Stéphane

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Stephane648 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! 🎉 It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

I wanted to inform you that we have a French-speaking Community Center, where you can find other hosts who speak your language, and who will be able to answer your questions and guide you.

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Bonjour @Stephane648 👋 

Félicitations et bienvenue au Centre Communautaire ! ‌🎉‌ C'est formidable de vous avoir ici avec nous. Vous êtes au bon endroit car nous sommes là pour vous soutenir !

Je voulais vous informer que nous avons un Centre communautaire francophone, où vous pourrez trouver d'autres hôtes qui parlent votre langue, et qui sauront répondre à vos questions et vous guider.

-----

David12201
Level 2
Gig Harbor, WA

Thank you for asking @Rebecca 

The system looks pretty solid from the hosting side. I have been a guest for several years and hosting is new to us.

I like and appreciate ...

1. The "coverage" or protection for the Host
  2. Calendar and availability indications are easy
  3. It is possible to communicate with Support staff; text, voice.   What a concept!!!! 😉  Appreciated.

Frustrations

1. My wife and I are trying to co-manage one property. This seems to be a big challenge for the permission model. She is the "Host". I am the "Co-host".
  2.  So what's the problem? Communications go to her and not me. We both need the communications so we can jointly manage the property.
  3. Problem. The bank account setup was convoluted and difficult. Took several tries and multiple Support calls. Don't think the Support staff gave us the shortest route to resolution.

No doubt, these friction points are in place due to past abuses.

After 5 conversations with the AirBnB staff there appears no way to have us be "equal" in managing the property. Equal communications. Equal property mgt functions. Frustrating. 

Enjoy the summer!

Evelyn1109
Level 1
Chula Vista, CA

Hi there, opened the 1st BnB in May and it's doing phenomenal.  Hoping to get a better feeling about host services and how hosts are treated on the platform.  So many horror stories.  I want to have more confidence that Airbnb has my back.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Evelyn1109 👋

I think, as with any journey, it could have it's ups and downs but the best part is, you've joined a Community where there are so many experienced Hosts who can guide you and support from strength to strength. From getting your listing right... to support when you get challenges 🤗 

Have you had a look around the Community or started a conversation?😊 

We look forward to seeing you around. 😍

-----

Hello Rebecca and dear community, 

Thank you for your welcome message.  As a new Host, I’m excited to start this journey. I’m looking forward to meeting new people and creating memorable experiences for my guests. I'm eager to learn more about providing exceptional hospitality and making my space welcoming. I’d appreciate any tips on setting up my place and handling guest interactions smoothly. Thanks for the support!

Take care,
Shaik **

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shaik14 👋

That sounds fantastic - the makings of a great Host. Have you asked for a listing critique on the Community yet? If you head to  Ask about your listing - you can create a post in there asking other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. You'll be so surprised what other people see! 

Wishing you all the best of luck! 🍀

-----

Donna1600
Level 1
Mount Vernon, NY

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your time and the patience it must take to do this work.

I'm only 3 months into the hospitality service and loving it so far. I enjoy traveling and meeting new people. This platform offers both opportunities. I'm really excited for what is to come.

More than ever, Id like to know how to keep guests coming, in order to keep the apartment booked all the time. 

Also any ideas on making the listing stand out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Donna

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Donna1600 👋

That sounds absolutely fantastic! It's great to have you here with us and you've come to the right place as we're here to support you! 

Have you checked out the other boards on the Community Center yet? If you head to  Ask about your listing - you can create a post in there asking other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. You'll be so surprised what other people see! 

You can also start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊 

-----