New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

184 Replies 184

Hi @Elina1316 😊

We are happy to have you in the community!

How is it going as a Hosts so far? Where are you renting from? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Olá Rebeca.

Obrigado pela sua mensagem.

Estamos muito contentes por fazer parte desta comunidade!

Abrimos á 1 mês e estivemos sempre Hóspedes, Portugueses, Espanhóis, Franceses e para a semana Ingleses 🙂

Esperemos continuar sempre a aprender e a melhorar a nossa casa.

Obrigado. 

___

Hello Rebecca.

Thank you for your message.

We are very happy to be part of this community!

We opened 1 month ago and we have always had guests, Portuguese, Spanish, French and for the week English🙂

We hope to always continue to learn and improve our home.

Thanks.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @Cláudia151  

I am happy to know that everything is going well. 😊 

To improve your experience you could start exchanging views with some Hosts in the community. Have you tried it yet?

___

Olá @Cláudia151

Fico feliz por saber que está tudo a correr bem. 😊

Para melhorar a tua experiência podes começar a trocar impressões com alguns Hosts da comunidade. Já experimentaste?

[Google translation added by OCM]

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi Rebecca

Thank you for the welcome message.  We are excited about sharing part of our home with Airbnb guests.  We have had a few new bookings over the last week for the Tasmanian summer which is pleasing and we are hoping the months before Christmas start filling up.  Tasmania is a beautiful place with lost to see and enjoy.

We had a first guests stay last night.  They are lovely people, 4 adults and 1 child that is 4 years of age.  The only issue we have is that they only booked for 4 adults with no mention of a child.  Our unit is set up for 4 people not 5 and that is clearly stated in our Listing.  We are not sure what to do or say?  There are only 4 beds although the main bedroom has King size bed in it.  We have not set up our unit to suit a stay with a young child as it was not part of the booking.  Any suggestions as to what we should do? 

From reading some of the post on here this morning I noted that we could ask that other hosts have a look at our listing and advise of anything that we may have missed or suggest some edits to our Listing.  Am I reading that correct?

Kind regards

Neil

Hi @Neil760 😊,

you can ask other Hosts to critique and request feedback on your listing by following the instructions shared here : How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center.

I am sure, experienced Hosts in the Community would be able to share more advice and tips regarding your listing.

Related to your specific guest situation , feel free to start a new conversation with other Hosts for further advice! I am sure they'll be able to help best on how to deal with such unexpected guest situation.

I wish you a wonderful day. 🌻

-----