New “Monthly Stays” offering announced

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

New “Monthly Stays” offering announced

I’ve been trying to solve the mystery of why my Cottage does not appear in the new “Monthly Stays” of the new searchable area on the main page of AirBnb. 

I read this article:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/08/airbnb-rolls-out-new-features-aimed-at-its-next-big-bet-longer-ter...

Any help out there, what have I missed? How do I turn this feature on?

Part of the article says “The company introduced a new notification for hosts to educate them on the benefits of longer-term stays, as well as a guide to update their listings to accept these types of bookings. Airbnb has decided to make that a permanent feature in the portal that hosts use to manage their listings.”

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. 

Glenn

Mill Bay Cottage

7 Replies 7
Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

Found it in the help section (haha yeah go figure)

What type of listings are part of monthly stays?

Listings that are highlighted in the Monthly stays section of Airbnb meet these criteria.

Accept longer stays

These listings must be available for bookings of 28 days or more.

Essential amenities for living

These listings have been outfitted with amenities that accommodate longer trips, including:

• Kitchen
  • Wifi
  • Washer
  • Essentials (toilet paper, soap, towels, bed linens, and pillows)
Discounted monthly pricing and deferred payments

Staying for 28 nights or more opens up new discounted rates for your stay. Listings that are included in Monthly stays must either provide a discount for or be priced exclusively for 28 days or longer.

Guests staying for 28 days or longer are able to pay for their stay on a monthly basis. Find out more about paying for your long-term stay.

Additional information for hosts

Find out what the differences are between short-term hosting and long-term hosting, and how to get started hosting longer stays.

@David-And-Kristy1

Our listing has all of those things, but it still doesn't show up on the Monthly Stays page.  There has to be some other magic ingredient(s) that AirBnb isn't revealing.  

Dassi0
Level 5
Greensboro, NC

I now understand why our listings are not showing up in “Monthly Stay Tab”!  We have full Bed and Breakfast — we cook for our guests — therefore we do not list Kitchen. 

This should not be a criteria!

Would  you expect a kitchen in your Hotel room?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Dassi0,

If I were going to stay in a hotel for a longer-term, it's highly probable that I'd select one that does have at least a kitchenette where I can prepare my own meals.  I like to eat whole foods and know the ingredients.  However, there are many people who proudly don't like/know how to cook, and eat out regularly or have food delivered.   Maybe Airbnb thinks that guests should be able to eat whenever they choose and the have the availability of a kitchen provides that flexibility.  I dunno, just typing out loud.

We know that there are people that wish to cook and people that want us to cook for them!!

[The Health Department would take away our permits if we allowed guests to cook]

We also know that ‘kitchen’ is one of the items potential guests can set to FILTER. 

We know that there are people that wish to cook and people that want us to cook for them!!

[The Health Department would take away our permits if we allowed guests to cook]

We also know that ‘kitchen’ is one of the items potential guests can set to FILTER. 

Our Bed & Breakfast:

Full Breakfast Buffet every morning choices from healthy to decadent!

• Always Kosher
• Gluten-Free choices available

• Vegan, Vegetarian & Pescatarian choiceS

• With 48-hours notice we can handle any food allergies (and many other special diets)

Snacks too!

Other meals may be arranged . . .

Dassi0
Level 5
Greensboro, NC

Oddly enough— if you put in dates for a 35 day stay in the regular “Stays Tab”, our listings show up BUT most of the listings that came on “Monthly Stays Tab” do not!

wow, this is strange