New addition to the Community Center Team!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New addition to the Community Center Team!

Hi everyone, 

I hope you’re having a good week so far, and enjoying the autumnal turn the weather has taken if you’re in the northern hemisphere. 🍂

I’ve got some really exciting news to share today, as the Community Center team expands yet again. As most of you know, our team is based in Europe, which means that during PST hours we often can't be around. This is where **drumrolls** … @Bhumika, based in Canada, comes in!

She’ll tell you a few more words about herself below now - please give her a very warm welcome and make her feel at home in this lovely Community of ours!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

27 Replies 27
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks @Emilie for introducing me!

Hello Folks, 

I am Bhumika. I am delighted to be a part of this stunning community and support this Community Center as an online community manager. 

For starters, I would like to introduce myself as a fun-loving movie buff who loves to binge-watch horror and thriller movies. A true millennial at heart, I am a big fan of The Karate Kid ''Ralph Macchio'' (how can he still look so young!!!!!!!!!) and the impeccable comedian Jerry Seinfeld. 

I strongly believe in the phrase ‘’Born to be global’’. I love to engage with new people and cultures. I chose to be a community manager as I feel, this profession helps to broaden my perspective as different mindsets bring in ideas that you never even considered in the first place.By the way, I have just moved to Canada from India - let me know in the comments if you have visited India or tried some Indian cuisine!

I look forward to getting to know you all more in the coming days and weeks. If you’re curious about anything, don’t hesitate to ask me 😊

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Bhumika! 🌎

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Quincy 😄

-----

welcome @Bhumika !

I haven't been to India, it's been on my bucket list for a long time! I dated a Brit/Indian guy for 3 years in my 20s and we'd always planned to go together... but things changed....  and of course I've tried many Indian foods. My bf's gran used to send him a chai spice mix and when we broke up I took possession of that little tin, haha, which was nice for a few months. nothing has even come close to that blend. 

all the best in your new role here. 🫖

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Gillian166 Thanks for the best wishes! And yessss, Indian tea is so incomplete without the chai spice mix, it makes it satiating!!!! Glad you have tried a lot of Indian food and wish to visit India someday. Let me know when you decide to travel there, can definitely help you create a checklist for the places you should mandatorily visit😉 

-----

@Bhumika any people who love cardamom as much as I do are my people. 💚

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Cardamon and true curry dishes are a dream!

Beware of Kurkuma stains on kitchen table and fabric, as all strong staining spices are hosts' nightmare. 😇

@Bhumika Welcome to the CC Forum from Downunder. It looks like @Gillian166 has welcomed you first.

Unfortunately, the world has different time zones as @Emilie has pointed out and Australia is approximately 14.5 - 16 hrs in front of Canada. So your todays information is our yesterdays.

Now to answer to your question; In my travels I have not made it to India and I like mild Indian curry Butter Chicken , not interested in the hot spicy taste.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for the welcome @Laurelle3 😄. Ah yes, Butter Chicken is one of the most popular dishes internationally😆. Glad you love it too. 

-----

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

We're so happy to have you here, @Bhumika

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Jenny for the warm welcome🤗😌 

-----

Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Merci @Emilie 

welcome @Bhumika 

Annie
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you, fellow Canadian @Annie1372 😉 . Montreal is definitely on my bucket list, do suggest me a few places I shouldn't miss out on 😆 

-----

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Emily as you walk around town;

is a nice gesture to tell few people:

'say hello to my new friend' 

but a symphony of drum-rolls?

Tck, tck, tck

Bhumika - you realise how careless that was?

basically told all insomniacs of N. Hemisphere,

this place was never guarded at night, NOW

My New Friend is ALL ALONE. 

WELCOME!

:  - )