Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

New to Hosting!

Shannon1133
Level 2
Oregon, United States

New to Hosting!

Hello Fellow Hosts!

My Mom and I live in her family home built in the 1930's. We're located in Ontario, Oregon, which is as far east in Oregon as you can get! LOL.

We were looking to create some income generation on our property so we converted the original garage into a studio apartment and signed up to host on AirBNB.  So far we've mostly had great experiences! It's been fun and, aside from the sweat-equity we put into the conversion, very little work!  We look forward to our future in AirBNB Hosting! 

8 Replies 8
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Shannon1133 

It is very cute and your reviews are awesome.  The only thing I would think about not sure of the answer sorry.  If a couple rents and just wants to watch the news you only have one chair.

Good morning Shannon 

This is the message I posted on class cafe! Please let me know if interested, would love visit your state and stay at your airbnb. I hear it’s beautiful in Oregon. 

My name is Geralyn and I’ve been hosting for 5 years.  Nice to meet other hosts on this platform!

I have two places I Airbnb in the southwest side of Houston near stores, bus stations and restaurants. 77083 is the area code. 

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in switching apartments from time to time during the year with no extra fees. I am willing to switch rooms if whole place is not available as well. 

I am a teacher who likes to travel, meet different people and enjoy new sceneries from time to time. I particularly like to work near the pearland area and 77048 zipcode at my old high school. Please let me know if you have a room or place there.

love to go to other states and countries to explore as well. 

Please feel free to text me back if interested. 

Thank You!

Hi @Geralyn11! This is something to think about! Will let you know! I have family in Austin area but not familiar with distances. 

@Shannon1133 Oh really!! 
awesome! I’ll have time to travel during the holidays and summer times since I’m a school teacher. 

Austin is one hour away from Houston. Very nice to meet you and thank you for letting me know you are interested. 😊

Thank you for your suggestion @Marie8425! We may have to look into a small love seat. Our space is pretty small and that recliner takes up as much room as the small dining table! LOL

@Shannon1133 

Always try to work within my boundaries Haha.  You mention the  tv swings so can view from bed, maybe do a photo with like a long pillow across side of bed and two foot rests so a couple could use the bed like a loveseat haha

Tia13804
Level 1
Mesa, AZ

Hi 👋

I’m new too, it’s been fun so far. I was stressed at first. But all is going really well! 

good luck to ya! 
Smiles

Tia

🤗

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shannon1133, welcome to the Community!

I love the trio of hanging planters in your patio—they look so unique! Did you design and create those yourself? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen