New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,918 Replies 2,918

Hi. Am David. I was born and live in Uganda.  I love Nature 🌱🐝 , reading, and travel.  I am new to the community, having just listed for hosting.  My tiny homes are in a Biodiversity hotspot and an Important Bird Area called Mabamba.  I'm looking forward to an exciting experience as a host and member of this community.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nature27, sounds like you are really offering a unique experience for Guests very close to nature! 😍 I hope you share photos soon of the local area, I bet it's stunning!

-----

Jaye51
Level 1
Oxford, United Kingdom

Hello - I'm Jaye from Oxford, in the UK. I have a busy Airbnb in Jericho in Oxford and I'm also a Tour Guide in Oxford - walking and cycle tours! I love living here so sharing our Airbnb and showing people around this wonderful city makes me very happy! 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello from a fellow Briton 👋🏽  @Jaye51
I've heard great things about Oxford! I visited a couple of months ago but never really got to explore, I hope my next visit I get the chance to take in the sights 😊. How is your Hosting journey going so far?

-----

Melanie1220
Level 2
Swisttal, Germany

Hallo,

ich bin Melanie aus der schönen Region rund um den Rhein und die Ahr (20km von Bonn, 40km von Köln und 40 km zum Nürburgring). Ich liebe meine Heimat,  von hier ist man schnell in der Natur (Eifel), aber auch schnell in den Nachbarländern  Holland, Belgien oder Luxemburg.

Ich bin seit Juni Gastgeber über airbnb, aber heute zum ersten Mal intensiv in der Community am stöbern. 

Ich habe vor vier Jahren meine Leidenschaft Motorradfahren entdeckt und habe seitdem sehr viele schöne Ecken in meiner Umgebung entdeckt, die sogar ich nicht kannte. 

Gastgeberin zu sein ist ebenfalls eine Leidenschaft, den ich habe einige Jahre in der Gastronomie gearbeitet und bin hauptberuflich Köchin, war aber mehr Jahre im Service tätig. 

Es freut mich Teil dieser Community sein zu dürfen. 

@Melanie1220 

Herzlich Willkommen im Airbnb Community Center! Es wurde aber auch Zeit, dass du uns findest! 😁

Ich kann zwar selbst kein Motorrad fahren, aber ich stelle mir es als ideales Transportmittel für Erkundungen vor, gerade auch wenn es mal ab der Hauptstraßen geht. Vorausgesetzt natürlich gutes Wetter ist mit dabei! ☀️

Du scheinst eine gute Portion Erfahrung zum Gastgeben mitzubringen. Kochst oder backst du auch manchmal etwas für deine Gäste?

Ich sehe, du hast auch das deutschsprachige CC bereits gefunden, aber für alle, die hier mitlesen und der deutschen Sprache angeeignet sind, hier geht es direkt zum ➡️ deutschsprachigen CC! 🇩🇪🇦🇹🇨🇭

-----

Bitte beachtet die Richtlinien der Community

@Juliane Ja, ein bisschen Erfahrung bringe ich mit. Ich war 13 Jahre selbstständig, davon acht mit einem kleinen Hotel-Restaurant (5 Zimmer).

Aktuell stehen selbstgebackene Plätzchen in der Ferienwohnung. Und es gab auch schonmal Käsekuchen oder was warmes am Montag, wenn alle Ruhetag haben. Das mache ich ganz nach Zeit, Lust und Laune.  

Phil4657
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi 

I am a superhost in Ealing Common, London. I am having problems getting contents and building insurance on my property which is a Victorian large house converted to 3 flats, 2 of which I own, one I live in and the other I have been using for airbnb for about 4 years. The third flat is owned by my neighbor.

Our current insurers have added 50% to the premium. Does anybody know of any insurance companies that offer this insurance?

On another thread I saw suggested JL Morris and Home Protect which I have yet to contact. Any others please?

Regards

Phil.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Phil4657  ! Welcome to the Community Center and thank you for sharing about your concerns with us.

I would recommend starting a new conversation here so that our Hosts can notice your topic and help you with with their suggestions/tips!

Looking forward to your new thread around this topic~

-----

Alberto2201
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

hi, thank you for letting mebe part of your great comunity,,i'm alberto born and raised in D.R. just a few months as a host, but thankfully doing good so far, according to our clients, love playing baseball, the beach and getting to know new people, our little condo is in BAVARO PUNTA CANA, and it's a great choice to anyone on a budget and looking to spend more than a few days here.

BRAND NEW and ready to receive wonderful guest.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alberto2201 ! Welcome to the Community Center and thank you for sharing such a lovely introduction note!! I noticed your listing photos and the beach nearby looks absolutely stunning.

Do you offer any beach amenities to your guests?

-----

Alberto2201
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

HI BHUMIKA, thank you so much for your kind words,the beaches are 10 to 20 minutes from here (by car), WE DO HAVE a giant 3 in 1 pool, a couple meters away from the property, but usually since it's a rather small apt., we don't offer aditional services, since we live really far way rom PUNTA CANA (SANTO DOMINIGO), but also guest tend to visit several beaches in one day (we have more than a dozen) and they offer a thousand things to tourist over there, but any advice from your part  or the other fellow host, it's very welcomed.

Randy706
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Hello! I grew up in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. My wife and I are retired from the military and chose Hawaii as our current home. Unfortunately AirBnB is not legal in our area of the island. We have hosted a full home in Florida when we were stationed there and are looking forward to listing again when I relocate for work after the New Year. We both love to travel and my wife has lived in Belgium and Germany. We both speak 'ein bischen' Deutsch and a I'm interested in learning more Spanish, French and German.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Randy706 , Welcome to the Community Center!

It is so great to read about you! If I may ask, which is the new destination that you would be relocating to?

Keep us posted with your amazing travel stories and your progress of setting up your listing~

-----

Patricia4316
Level 2
Detroit, MI

Hello!  I am Patricia.  I am a Native of Detroit, Michigan & just started as a Host one month ago.  My property is near Belle Isle, The River Walk & the Canadian Border.  I love the area in all Seasons & am so happy to share it with guests!  I am a certified Christian Yoga Teacher & do yoga outdoors when the weather is warm.  I am also  a member of The Detroit River Walkers.   I look forward to great experiences hosting!