New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,921 Replies 2,921
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Silvia2709, welcome 🎉
Which countries did you stay in and which one were your favourite? 😊
I've been surfing once and it was very tough! You need a lot of upper body strength haha 💪🏽
I also wish one day to live by the beach 🏖

-----

Hello Sophia ☀️ thank you for your beautiful message.

Countries 😀 so much to explore around this world: apart from Europe, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Argentina, Bolivia, Equador, Panamá, Costa Rica, Califórnia USA, Morocco, Mozambique… the list goes on!!

favorites Indonesia & Cabo Verde 

good for you to trying out surfing, yeah you’re right it can be super tough & frustrating, but so worth the commitment.

Regarding living by the beach, I understand. If you want to start by visiting the southwest coast here, you’re more than welcomed

take gentle care 🌺

Carol-And-Tim0
Level 2
Kinsale, Ireland

Hello to all, 

its great to be joining this worlwide community..my sister carol and i are hosting a townhouse in our hometown of kinsale above our brunch/cafe spot. we are live since mid january and have a few bookings already which is great; however i have noticed that when i search in our area with our capacity that our proeprty is not coming up on the first page and that even properties outside of the searched area are coming up before ours! We are looking for any information or advice on this issue. Please feel free to give any other fundamentals that we may be overlooking. 

thanks in advance and happy to be part of this community

regards Tim&Carol

Kinsale, Co.Cork. Ireland 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Carol-And-Tim0, welcome to the CC! 🎉
That's a great question, it would be worth asking that question to the wider community, do start a conversation here. I'm sure many hosts will have lots of advice to share. By creating a separate conversation asking your question this ensures that people can see it and respond back to you 😊

-----

Walter-Gabriel0
Level 1
Carmelo, Uruguay

Hola buenas noches, mi nombre es Walter Gabriel y soy nuevo en esta comunidad de anfitriones,  no soy nuevo en Airbnb, llevo casi 10 años trabajando con esta plataforma. No sé de qué se trata este espacio para anfitriones así que espero que poco a poco me vayan incluyendo en sus charlas, desde ya muchas gracias y será un placer estar conectados.

Mukesh29
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Hello 

I am from New Delhi but my roots are from Himachal Pradesh ( INDIA ). The pong eco village is an  conceptual property located in the middle of a wildlife and bird sanctuary on the shores of Maharana Pratap Sagar, a man made reservoir that came into existence after the creation of Pong Dam in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Tracing its roots from the age old architecture of making the houses with locally available materials, the property is created the same way. Pong dam wetlands are RAMSAR SITE .

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mukesh29, welcome to the CC! 🎉 Do share photos of the scenery, I can imagine the photos will be stunning! 😍 

-----

Joe-and-Julie1
Level 2
Alaska, United States

Hi I am Joe, 

I did ... I thought, introduce myself with a question, concern regarding a tiny dry cabin I am trying to bring online sometime this spring. I am from Alaska; have rarely used Air BNB,  I have dipped my toe into renting a few years back and I am circling back around to try it once again-- not sure if Air BNB is the best web site / service for this tiny cabin- Not sure these are the folks that want to stay in a place with an outhouse and no running water. ---  I ran into, (really swam into) an Air BNB executive while in San Francisco a few months back and he challenged me to get on to one of these chats and learn more about Air BNB, and I challenged him to sign up for a triathlon....

It has been sometime since I have rented out my other space- a Quonset hut...  perhaps because I have not updated my tax information my post did not post... (I will discuss the tax issue with my accountant if I should use the TIN from a LLC I have or go with my straight SSN). 

Will this intro work?  I understand we are to be specifically vague in this forum. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Joe-and-Julie1, welcome to the community! 🎉  it would be worth creating a separate post to ask these questions 😊Feel free to start a conversation here, I'm sure many hosts will have a lot of advice to offer. 

-----

Rey3643
Level 1
New York, NY

Hello everyone!

My name is Rey, I've been doing hosting on airbnb for a while now in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. I'm really starting to grow a passion for it, I hope to meet new people and find out how everyone is doing with their properties to better improve mine. I would love to expand more on this opportunity and would love to have more properties to host, and or co-host in the future. Nice to see and meet everyone new here. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rey3643, welcome to the community! 🎉

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community 😊

You can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's a link to the Local Host Clubs

-----

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Bhumika

Sou do Brasil  litoral norte Santa Catarina  praias/ hospedo em quatro airbnb apartamentos/

Sucesso  a todos os novos da CC  

Att.  Loni

Rae658
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hello Everyone.
Rayleen here from the beautiful NSW South Coast in Australia. About 2 hours drive from Sydney.

A newbie to hosting. Only 3 guests so far, with mixed experiences.
Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum.

Regards

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rae658,  Welcome to the CC! 🎉

If you’d like to learn about asking for a listing critique, check out this guide: 

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center 🗒

I hope to see you around! 😊

-----