New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,495 Replies 2,495
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Randy725, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from Hosts inThe Villages, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jerry604
Level 1
Junction City, KY

Hello, I am from Kentucky in the USA. I have been in the food industry for the last 30 years and a host for the last 5 years. I live on a farm with my partner and our 2 dogs. We love history, traveling, hosting, and events, which is what led us to Airbnb originally as both a traveler and a host. I always am looking for ways to enhance our rental business and learn from others how we can continue to grow in the future. Thanks for the add to this group. We will see what we can learn.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jerry604,

A great way to start exploring our community is by using the search bar at the top with some keywords. This will bring up some conversations and previous great advice from our Hosts (You can also click on the image below 👇).

Paula_0-1708460628013.png

I hope this helps,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Jerry! We are a neighbor in Louisville, KY

despite being in Metro Louisville we also live on a wooded 20 acre farm just in the edge Louisville east side. We are literally in the center in the woods. My husband and children LOVE the outdoors (and no close neighbors).  I have never been good at gardening and have failed for the last 5 years at it. But this year is different 😂 I won’t give up. 
We hope to offer a space to those who don’t know “countryside”,  quiet, and outdoor relaxing. 😎 Nice to meet you and best wishes. 

Megan1288
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi everyone! 

I am new here! From Huntington Beach, CA but have a new AirBnB in Bend, Oregon. We are using it as a vacation home and a rental opportunity. Any support on getting our listing more notice would be much appreciated! 🙂 Looking forward to getting to know everyone in the community. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Megan1288,

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled 👉Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through 👉Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Yes I would absolutely love to! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Megan1288, great!

Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to ask for a listing critique in our community: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Co...

And here is the board where you can start your 'critique my listing' thread: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true?default=manage-listing

I can't wait to read all the suggestions from our amazing Hosts.

-----

thank you so much! I added to the conversation! 

Savittree-R0
Level 2
Athens, GA

Hi ! I am Savie! I am base in Athens GA. I just joined couple months ago , so far I have two past bookings and they are all very nice. I am happy to  have  Airbnb in my basement. 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Savittree-R0, I am wishing you all the best in this new adventure 😊

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

-----

Hi, I’m Lise from northern Ontario Canada!

I started hosting my home a few months ago and have had great experiences with guests.

But, most recently I’ve become aware that a guest was charging their electric vehicle during their stay. I’m wondering how this can be addressed and/or monitored. My property is in a rural setting which typically experiences higher electricity rates.

thank you in advance for your thoughts, ideas, solutions!

Lise

@Lise1353 Buy some electric safety breaker with an internet connection and those apps that follows those safety breakers has automation settings and monitoring of how much KWH used. You can even limit how much free charging each guest will have in the app settings by telling the mobile app to turn of the breaker if more than 1KWH are used.

App has many features like automatic turn on of based on calendar and dates, time and more.

You can control not only the electric car charging station but the entire house with those and even turn of power to the entire house just by a mobile app. If guests miss use the electricity you now have full control remotely.

Thank you for providing some very useful information, much appreciated!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lise1353, welcome to our community.

This is a topic that our hosts have been discussing actively.  To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

-----