New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,832 Replies 1,832
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Grace1144, your home is indeed cosy! ๐Ÿ˜

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Juan-Carlos359
Level 2
Panamรก Province, Panama

Hi, my name is Juan Carlos Guerrero, I am from Colombia, residing in Panama. I'm 49 years. I am at the community center to meet people, ideas and improve my experience as a guest.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Welcome to the Community @Juan-Carlos359 ๐ŸŒป!

-----

Nestor145
Level 1
Nueva Esparta, Venezuela

hola, es un placer saludar a todos, mi nombre es Nestor, soy de la isla de margarita en venezuela, tengo apenas un aรฑo siendo anfitrion en airbnb y quise unirme a esta comunidad para obtener mas experiencia y conocer anfitriones de todo el mundo, estoy a sus ordenes por aca!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Nestor145, he escuchado que la Isla Margarita es espectacular ยฟNos podrรญas compartir algunas fotos?

Te invito a que continuemos esta conversaciรณn en el Centro de la Comunidad de habla hispana, donde tenemos muchos anfitriones de diferentes paรญses de Amรฉrica Latina. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Eric-Chee-Yew0
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Philip here, just trying to make my way in Airbnb

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Eric-Chee-Yew0, welcome to CC! ๐ŸŽ‰

Here are a couple of articles I found in the Resource Centre called how to get started
and getting started with Airbnb

There are lots of advice and tips around the Community Center, if you go to the search bar at the top of your screen, which has a ๐Ÿ” and says โ€œsearch the communityโ€ and type in a few keywords related to what you're looking for I'm sure you'll find plenty of posts ๐Ÿ˜Š

There are also quite few boards on the community to explore, but I thought these might be of particular interest to you! 

๐ŸŽฏ  Advice on your space ๐ŸŽฏ
๐Ÿ’ป Help with your business ๐Ÿ’ป

Hope this helps! 

-----

Iris-and-Sam0
Level 2
United States

Hello Everyone! We have been hosting for over 2 years but are new to this community. We live in a barndominium next to our Airbnb unit, a century-old farmhouse on 50-acre property in Arkansas, USA. Sam teaches and I recently retired from a career in Human Resources, took up farming in organic blueberries and honey production. After decades of living, working and traveling in different cities and countries, we now enjoy living in the country and greatly value our Airbnb guests who share our love for the peace and quietude of semi-rural life. Blessings to all of you!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Iris-and-Sam0, thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you, Paula for asking. Our experience with Airbnb has been a good one. God is good and has blessed us with the people who chose to stay with us. Busier periods are during weekends, holidays and area events and we donโ€™t stress when other periods are slow (we live in the country and we did not expect that it would be as busy as if we live in the city or close to a major attraction). We simply thank God for whoever He sends us. We do our part following Airbnb recommendations in making sure our guests have a memorable stay and now with more consistent reviews, we are seeing more repeat and longer stays. All the best to our fellow Airbnb hosts!

Boa noite Ires amei teu depoimento ! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปtenho a mesma visรฃo ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปโค๏ธ

Trimela0
Level 1
Tabanan, Indonesia

Hi, im Trimela from BALI , Indonesia , as a new host in airbnb i hope i can get knowledge from other host in this community , also get new friends ๐Ÿ˜Š i love travelling so much ๐Ÿ’•

Hi @Trimela0. Welcome ๐Ÿค—. Iโ€™m DaKeyah from California. I am a host of a property on the beautiful island of San Juan, Puerto Rico ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ท. Iโ€™ve never traveled to Indonesia, but itโ€™s definitely on my bucket list. I am a HUGE travel bug! When Iโ€™m not traveling, Iโ€™m definitely planning a trip somewhere, lol. Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? Letโ€™s chat. If youโ€™re interested, perhaps we could do a swap one day ๐Ÿค—.

Jasmine580
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Airbnb community ! My name is Jasmine Rivera, I am 25 years old and I was born and raised in the fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada ! I currently host 2 homes one being the home I was brought up in and another being a newer (2013) purchase. Up until last week my brother was managing the properties and then he decided to pass it on to me because he really wanted to focus on what really mattered (being a great father to my nephew). So being so fresh and so new to the game I could use some guidance and tips/advice more experienced hosts may have. Thank you all for reading my little post and reach out, letโ€™s be friends!