New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,493 Replies 2,493
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Shirley631, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Š

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello, Iโ€™m DaKeyah ๐Ÿค—

I am from Southern California โ˜€๏ธ and Iโ€™m a new host of a beautiful condo on the magical island of San Juan, Puerto Rico.  I am a HUGE travel bug and I seek out any opportunity to explore someplace new. I am also an investor. If you or anyone you know is selling a property, I am very interested, so please donโ€™t hesitate to contact me. I love being a host, however, it has been very challenging. Specifically, as it pertains to customer support and gaining visibility for new bookings. Seems to be that if you are not a Super host and/or your property is not listed as a โ€œRare Gemโ€ you get very low placement. While this does not give newer hosts such as myself a very fair shot, Iโ€™m learning alot. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @DaKeyah1, thank you so much for sharing your presentation with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Karen4128
Level 2
Wasilla, AK

Hi... I'm Karen.

I live in Alaska but have lived in many places in the US and abroad.  I've been hosting for one year.  Last summer was awesome as the apartment remained full most of the summer.  It;s available year round.  I love traveling but I also love my quiet piece of property in Alaska because the state is my backyard with all of it's magnificent beauty and wildlife.  I love photography and this is the place for it.  I have a studio apartment of my garage and it decorated Alaskan style.  My home does not support electric vehicles, no charging port.  However, my property offers lots of space in a peaceful area.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Karen4128 , welcome to our amazing community and thanks so much for sharing your presentation ๐Ÿ˜Š

How have you found Alaska? What is the best time to visit this area?

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

-----

Lorenda1
Level 2
Accra, Ghana

Hi everyone, 

My name is Lorenda. I am Ghanaian by birth but have lived and travelled extensively abroad. I relocated to Ghana from Denmark to start a business venture that morphed into three subsidiaries under one umbrella. One of the subsidiaries is Snug Haven, which was founded to serve as an organic funding mechanism for our NPOโ€™s development activities in underserved communities in Ghana. Our primary strategy is to offer convenient yet affordable and cosy short-stay housing solutions for international students, researchers, and tourists. We charge competitive fees and funnel about seventy per cent (70%) of profits into our NPO to fund its initiatives. This is why I am on Airbnbโ€”to provide affordable housing so that disadvantaged individuals and families in my country can at least enjoy a semblance of a dignified life.

I live on my property with my dogs and cats. Iโ€™ve built a three-bedroom wooden home for them there (though itโ€™s not as fancy as it might sound, I assure you, ๐Ÿ˜…!). They enjoy spending their days relaxing in their mini home and returning to my quarters at bedtime. Theyโ€™re sweet and well-behaved, and Iโ€™m proud to introduce them to everyone!

If youโ€™re ever in Accra, please pass by for a warm or cold drink and, as always, a cheesy meal, ๐Ÿฅฐ! 

I am new to hosting and welcome any and every piece of advice that can help my integration and guest experience. For starters, how do I indicate that my rooms are priced differently? I seem to have a standard price for my two rooms, which isnโ€™t the case. 

Thank you for reading my submission.

L

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lorenda1, welcome to our community and thank you so much for your amazing presentation ๐Ÿ˜Š

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰new conversation here.

Another great suggestion for new Hosts is to initiate a ๐Ÿ‘‰critique my listing' thread, where our seasoned Hosts can provide insights on improvements to enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope these tips are helpful.

-----

Grace1144
Level 2
Lyon, France

Hello, I'm Grace and I've been on AirBnB for 6 months now in my host country France, Lyon! I stopped for 3 months and doing up the flat.

I'm British and I have a cosy home approach! 

๐Ÿ˜†โค๏ธ๐ŸŒ„

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Grace1144, your home is indeed cosy! ๐Ÿ˜

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Juan-Carlos359
Level 2
Panamรก Province, Panama

Hi, my name is Juan Carlos Guerrero, I am from Colombia, residing in Panama. I'm 49 years. I am at the community center to meet people, ideas and improve my experience as a guest.

Welcome to the Community @Juan-Carlos359 ๐ŸŒป!

-----

Nestor145
Level 1
Nueva Esparta, Venezuela

hola, es un placer saludar a todos, mi nombre es Nestor, soy de la isla de margarita en venezuela, tengo apenas un aรฑo siendo anfitrion en airbnb y quise unirme a esta comunidad para obtener mas experiencia y conocer anfitriones de todo el mundo, estoy a sus ordenes por aca!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Nestor145, he escuchado que la Isla Margarita es espectacular ยฟNos podrรญas compartir algunas fotos?

Te invito a que continuemos esta conversaciรณn en el Centro de la Comunidad de habla hispana, donde tenemos muchos anfitriones de diferentes paรญses de Amรฉrica Latina. 

-----

Eric-Chee-Yew0
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Philip here, just trying to make my way in Airbnb