New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,494 Replies 2,494
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Alaa76, welcome to the community ๐Ÿ˜Š

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hallo Paula, thanks for the warm welcome. 
in Jordan, it is getting warmer now, weather and business. 
in couple of months, the high season starts. 
how about you?

It looks like you're suggesting an introduction prompt for a community center. If you're creating a post or thread for community members to introduce themselves, here's an example template:

---

๐Ÿ‘‹**Welcome to the Community Center! Introduce Yourself!**

Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Whether you're a longtime member or brand new to the community, take a moment to introduce yourself! Share a bit about who you are, your interests, and anything else you'd like the community to know. Let's build a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone!

**Name:**
**Interests/Hobbies:**
**Something unique about you:**
**What brings you to the community?**

Feel free to say hi, ask questions, or connect with fellow community members. We're excited to get to know you better!

---

Feel free to customize it based on the specific nature of your community and the kind of information you'd like members to share. **

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines ] [AI content generated]

Garry154
Level 2
Whitby, Canada

Hi I'm Garry (with two "r")!

I'm a new host in Whitby Ontario Canada! I'm currently hosting my third guest! I use to have have long term rentals for my basement suite however it was suggested that I switch to AirBnB. I'm so glad I did because I've met an array of fascinating people.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Garry9Welcome to the community! It's wonderful to hear that you've met great people through your hosting journey ๐Ÿ˜Š

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญNew conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Daniele1064
Level 1
New York, NY

Greetings, everyone! I am Dani from Brazil! I am new to hosting and I love traveling.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Daniele1064 ๐ŸŽ‰ glad to have you here! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hello I was born in Big Apple USA!! but now live in North Carolina LOVE IT!! I love to cook, travel, watch action/drama movies,I have a love to help people a natural born caregiver. So I am new to the Airbnb world looking to learn everything I can from you guys.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC @Sherrill2 โ€Œ๐ŸŽ‰โ€Œ I also love movies and travelling  โœˆ๏ธ

Great to have you here, hope to see you around ๐Ÿ˜Š
If you have any questions, feel free to start a conversation here

-----

Jamie1200
Level 2
South Burlington, VT

Hello Airbnb Host,

My name is Jamie and I just had my first two stays complete! I am hosting in Vermont and hope to be hosting all over the world one day. I recently retired from the Marines and wish to pursue short term rentals now. I love meeting new people and hearing of their lives. It's great to meet you all and I hope to be a participant in community future events. 

Jamie Puccini

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Seja bem vinda jamie 1200a CC  e lhe desejo que seus sonhos se realizem 

grande abraรงo โค๏ธ 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jamie1200welcome to our community ๐Ÿ˜Š

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

-----

Linda4499
Level 2
Bath, ME

Hi! My name is Linda (retired teacher) and my husband is Carl. We are hosting our primary historic home in Maine for the five months a year we are on our lake property. I previously owned a small home in the same community which I rented on HomeAway for four years. It was a great experience, but we have been away from this for five years. The challenge I have now is moving our personal things out, clearing dressers and closets, and making sure our guests are comfortable in OUR home. 
I look forward to learning how others navigate this challenge and to meeting other hosts around the globe. 
Thank you,

Linda 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Linda4499, welcome to our Community, and thank you for sharing your presentation with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a new conversation here asking our Hosts how they have managed their personal belongings while renting out their place.

-----

Anna-Rosa7
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi, I'm Anna, I'm originally from Iceland - now living between New York City and Reykjavik. My husband and I have a modern condo (concept design) that we just put back on Airbnb and I'm so happy to learn about this community! The condo is perfectly located in the city center with an ocean view. I'm always open to hearing about fresh and smart hosting tips ๐Ÿ™‚