New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,922 Replies 1,922
Nacho148
Level 2
Argentina

Hola mundo 👋 

My name is Ignacio, and was born in Jujuy Argentina, currently living in Buenos Aires 🧉🇦🇷

I am a Software Engineer and I live within my wife and our two children.

I lived in Italy 🇮🇹 for 6 years playing volleyball 🏐  and that triggered in me a passion for learning new cultures, meeting new people, learning new languages 🌎

+ a huge respect and curiosity for what is different.

Joining the community to become a better host a better guest

Cheers 🙌

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greetings from the UK!  🇬🇧 @Nacho148 

I love your enthusiasm! How did you find living in Italy? I hope you share your experiences with the wider community 😊

-----

Enit257
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi, Enit and Robert from Miami, FL, we have an Airbnb in Ellijay, GA. Thank you for adding us.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC! 🎉Glad to have you here @Enit257 
How is your hosting journey going so far? 😊

-----

Hi Sophia, it was going a lot better when we first started but we have not had much luck getting our place rented this year, trying to figure out what we can do to get it rented. We became superhosts and that was right when they removed the ability to search by super host properties and we haven't had much luck since. Please let us know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Enit257,

A great suggestion for new Hosts is to initiate a 👉critique my listing' thread, where our seasoned Hosts can provide insights on improvements to enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope these tips are helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Chad570
Level 2
Rathdrum, ID

Not even sure what this is...lol. 

But, as we expand into the Co-host arena, I've been looking more at what AIRBNB has to offer. 

My name is Chad Osborn and my wife, Mona, and I host two sites at our home/property here in N. Idaho, USA! We have a beautiful 5 acre wooded lot that we are trying to maximize on its potential since we are retired...which means a fixed income. AIRBNB gives us that extra cash to travel! 

We are High School sweethearts and married in 1985. We have two grown children and 4 grandchildren (one of which is now 18...ugh!)

Peace

Chad

Welcome, I was laid off from my 6 figure job in Dec 2022- forced retirement. Airbnb has allowed me to only work part time now. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Chad570, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

I just wanted to drop you a note to offer some clarity about our forum. The Community Center is a great place where you can mingle with other Hosts and ask for advice. You can also swap stories, share tips, and get the lowdown from the Airbnb team.

Here are some 👉tips to start posting in the Community Center. Or maybe you are ready to start a 👉new conversation here?

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jerry610
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Hello! I am Jerry from Fort Myers, FL. We have lived here over 5 years and have been doing airbnb for 7. Fort Myers and Fort Myers Beach are totally different vibes. Fort Myers downtown is a small brick road town while the beach is 30 minutes away and has the total vacation feel. Love it here!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jerry610, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thank you for sharing your presentation with us 😊

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

All the best,

-----

Hello, I am Yolanda Rico, from Puerto Rico. I've been hosting for 3 months and I enjoy it very much! My property is a family home near a beautiful beach. I'm looking for ideas for styles and ambiance since I don't want it to have an overwhelming beach decoration. The property has a big yard, birds and foliage. I want to showcase that also. I love that there is this forum for hosts!

airbnb.ie/h/turquesa-del-mar-rincon-pr

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Yolanda596, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice on decoration from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

Another great suggestion for new Hosts is to initiate a 👉critique my listing' thread, where our seasoned Hosts can provide insights on improvements to enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope these tips are helpful.

-----

Mandy529
Level 1
Georgetown, TX

Hello everyone.  I am a Georgetown resident and a HOST for an owners Vacation Home located in the Historic area of Georgetown.  I just LOVE hosting the home for the owners and treat it as if it were my very own.  I would like to invite you to take a sneak peek.  It is called the Lone Star Bungalow - Georgetown and we also have a YouTube video walkthrough online.  I look forward to following along the threads on all of the suggestions and collaborations.  

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Mandy529, love to see your enthusiasm for hosting! 💖
I'd highly recommend creating a post asking for listing feedback from fellow hosts. Here's a guide on How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center 🗒

Hope it helps! 😊

-----