New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,193 Replies 2,193
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome  to the CC @Nya2072 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

It's only natural to feel like that and perfectly normal ๐Ÿ˜Š

Feel free to join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure ๐ŸŽ‰

-----

Carlita6
Level 2
Tulum, Mexico

Hey Iโ€™m Carla home owner in tulum I became property manager in the area and now taking care of house and guest to make them live unforgettable moment in tulum. I become super host du to my reactivity to answer to guest and by offering clean space look like the picture shared. 

im leaving in Montreal for summer time and I would love to help host to have 5 review and full house alll the year long ๐Ÿ™‚ 

if you need someone serious whoโ€™s taking care of your house and your guest reach me I would love to meet you ๐ŸŒž

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Carlita6 , a very warm welcome to the Community ๐ŸŒป 

It's really nice to read that you're interested in helping Hosts to have great reviews and amazing stays all year long. Do you have any tips and advice for new fellow Hosts, about how to attract guests and market their Airbnb listing? Your tips could be really beneficial to the new and experienced Hosts visiting our Community.

On a side note, If you would like to share more of your hosting experiences, we'd like to invite you to start a new conversation with fellow Hosts to share your amazing journey!

-----

Danielle1774
Level 2
Sion, Switzerland

Hi everybody!

im Danielle from the Swiss Alps ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ in the mountain region of Valais-Switzerland. Brand new host but frequent traveler myself.

my apartment is ideal for hiking or biking or horse riding in summer

and so close to various ski resorts for fun winter sports: 10mn from Anzere, 25mn from Crans-Montana and an easy train ride to Zermatt or many other ski resorts.

several thermal baths are also nearby for relaxing after your trip.

if coming to Switzerland is your dream then Iโ€™d be happy to let you enjoy my apartment (4 pers. max, animals welcomed)

first question: do you know any French ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท speaking group based in Switzerland?

thanks in advance

have a great day

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Danielle1774 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

It sounds like you've got a wonderful place and full of exciting activities to do locally, and surrounded by nature ๐Ÿ˜ If you have any particular questions about hosting or your listing, feel free to start a conversation!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

There are Local Host Clubs so it might be worth popping there to see if there's a group near you. 

Rebecca ๐ŸŒŸ

-----

Ea7
Level 2
Del Mar, CA

Hi Everyone! My husband Ian and I are excited to join the community as new hosts. We live in San Diego (Del Mar) and have a new vacation home in beautiful Lake Lure, North Carolina. We look forward to sharing our experience and learning from everyone. Cheers! EA (Edith Ann) and Ian

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ea7 & Ian, Welcome to  the Community Center ๐ŸŒป  So excited to hear from you! We hope the summer keeps you busy with amazing guests and bookings ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

What aspect of hosting are you most excited about diving into first?

-----

Rachel2948
Level 1
Lucca, Italy

Hello, my name is Rachel my home in the mountains of northern Tuscany has recently gone live on Air b and b while I have an apartment in Lucca. I would love advice on how people further promote their property. My husband died 10 months ago so I really need to make what was supposed to be our forever home work. X

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rachel2948 , Welcome to our lovely community! Your stunning country cottage retreat sounds like a beautiful and perfect vacation getaway for guests. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I really hope hosting can bring you some comfort and joy. Wishing you all the best and sending all the love and warmth your way. ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒป

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach us in the Community Center Rachel! We're always here for you ๐ŸŒป 

-----

Fritzly0
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hello all! I am Fritzly Decime , I am currently based in the US. Iโ€™m currently hosting in Malaysia, I spent a few months there and fell in love with the country. I am in the process of moving there full time. Happy to be here and Iโ€™m looking forward to sharing my experience and learning from everyone!!! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Fritzly0, what an interesting journey! ๐Ÿ˜Š

What made you fall in love with Malaysia? Iโ€™ve heard many incredible things about the country, but I havenโ€™t had the opportunity to visit yet.

Weโ€™d love to hear more about your adventure ๐Ÿš€

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello @Paula !! 
i love traveling, I was toured SE Asia for 6 months. I went to Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines. The food in Malaysia is definitely one of the things that stole my heart, it is peaceful, I love how accessible good organic food is, fresh fruits, coconut water in every corner. I grew up in Haiti so I felt right at home . I felt very safe as well. 

Hello!  I'm Columbine (I always go by my nickname - I love gardening) and I live in Vergennes, Vermont!  I'm just getting started, but there are so many reasons to visit here, from the Addison County Fair to skiing to hiking, and my place is also convenient for traveling nurses working in Burlington, Middlebury, and Ticonderoga.  Mine is a simple place for a nonsmoker who is not allergic to cats (I have one) and is not traveling with a pet.  Hoping to make some new friends!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Hilda250 ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's great to meet you. ! huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope to see you around soon! 

-----

Hi, I am Charlotte and we live in Northern VA,  just outside of Washington DC, USA. We have a gorgeous log home on 14 acres in the Blue Ridge Mtns, right next to the Shenandoah National Park in Front Royal, VA. We are new to the short-term rental market and have a lot to learn! Thanks!