New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,235 Replies 3,235
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Patricia4692 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Im Anderson a Host from Malaysia Johor Bahru district. Pleased to see you all here

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Leisure11 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

-----

Kare4512
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Hello all! It is so nice to learn about and join this community/group! I am a former travel RN that is now welcoming travelers to my stylish townhome. I started hosting 1 year ago and it has been a slow process. Have enjoyed the few guest I have accommodated and looking to always learn from anyone here. My home is in the Tampa/Brandon area. Hoping everyone is doing w

ell so far in 2024 ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kare4512 ๐Ÿ‘‹

We have lots of conversations about travel RN's so it's great to have someone with experience of both sides on the Community Center! A huge welcome from myself and the team! It's great to have you here with us. 

If you've got any questions or just want to share your experiences feel free to start a conversation ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Max2840
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hello Everyone, Iโ€™m Max new to the community. Iโ€™m a Security tech professional and Iโ€™ve got multiple listings in Houston Tx. Iโ€™m originally from Nigeria. Iโ€™m looking to connect with Hosts in Houston and also get good recommendations for cleaners. I have been having issues with getting a good cleaning crew of late. Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Max2840 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

There are Local Host Clubs as well so it might be worth popping there for more area specific regulations and licences, cleaners and things like that. Please let me know how you get on. 

-----

Susan5865
Level 2
Katonah, NY

Hello,

Iโ€™m Susan and I am located in Katonah, NY.  Katonah is about 45 from NYC. It is a small town with beautiful countryside. Airbnb is new to me. Iโ€™m glad to be part of this thriving community. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Susan5865 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

-----

I'm Danish Atlas, a multifaceted individual with a passion for coding, exploring investment opportunities, and indulging in culinary adventures. By day, I write code and navigate the world of programming. By night, I delve into the exciting realm of investments, with airbnb** currently capturing my interest. But my true joy lies in unearthing hidden gems on food blogs like Menudale.

**[Link removed as per the Community Center Guidelines]

anyone here to welcome me?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're here @Danish28 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.

Are you Hosting yet or still exploring as I couldn't see your listing on your profile? ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Jeffrey781
Level 1
Raymore, MO

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am a host in Raymore, Missouri, USA, just outside Kansas City.  I have been a host since 11/22 and a traveler for over 10 years.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jeffrey781, it's wonderful to have you join us. Your experience as both a Host and a guest will be incredibly valuable to our community.

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Christine4347
Level 2
Wallbridge, Canada

I am Christine from Ontario,  Canada. I started my Airbnb journey in 2019. I've had a few hickups with guests, and I am still learning. I no longer do instant book. I like to talk to my guests prior to accepting reservations. Things have been a little slow this summer, but I do get more lst minute enquiries then I have for the last few years. Hello everyone.