New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,524 Replies 2,524

Welcome Delia!

Good for you ! Life  isnโ€™t a rehearsal, we only  have one go at it!
Would love to make it to Santa Lucia one day  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Maggie ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hello Maggie, Let me know when you're ready.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Hi @Delia326,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Board.  You will find a wealth of information here.  Be sure to use the search function to about topics that may not be active threads, and visit the Airbnb Help Center (click the down arrow next to Community Center at the top left of the page) and bookmark it.  This is where you will find official information about Airbnb's policies and processes, and it's written in simple grammar.

You have a lovely listing, and it should be popular.  It looks like you copied the whole home listing twice for the private room listings, and now you need to make some revisions in their listing descriptions. 

1. Delete the extra room that's not included in the private room listing.  Select Photo tour from the Listing editor, click on the photo of the room and select delete room or space.  That will update listing from 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom to 1 bedroom 1 bathroom.

Debra300_0-1720665227388.png
  2. The written description for Room b is quite sparse.  Especially in comparison to what's written for Room A.  Do try to use some wording that can differentiate the rooms.
  3. The amenities lists and house rules are not the same in each listing and they all should match based upon the listing types.
  4. For privacy and security, locks should be put on the bedroom doors.  I recommend keypad locks with door handles.  We use these: https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-FE575-PLY-626-ELA/dp/B001COEZTU, but there are other brands and styles available.
    Debra300_2-1720665957137.png

5. Add tags/descriptions to the photos.
  6. In the description, state who will share the space with the guest, e.g., host/s, host's family (how many members, age group descriptors: grandparents, toddlers, teenagers), pets, other guests).
  7. Describe the cleaning requirements: guests clean up after themselves , housekeeping available, etc.
  8. State how the kitchen cabinet space will be allocated.
  9. Indicate if guests may have visitors.  Your place will likely attract persons visiting family and friends.
  10. Note that there may be potential conflicts between non-related guests if you allow small children and babies in the private room listings.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thank you Debra, I went in to make the changes. I appreciate your feed back

Hi everyone! Iโ€™m Jay, an AirBnb host just like you. I'm stoked to be here and on the best site!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jay2555 , Welcome to the Community Center! Would you like to share more about your hosting journey with us here?

-----

Rose422
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi Bhumika, 

Thanks for sharing all your personal stories. I am a super host in Florida, hosting on boats that have been guest favorites for a while. My location is famous for pristine beaches and 165 miles of waterways! I used my super host voucher back in 2021 to get myself a one way ticket and an airbnb room in Fort Lauderdale and have been here ever since. My airbnb was overlooking a beautiful marina, that's when I took a picture of the shattered boats and thought I could convert them into five star airbnbs! A few years later that vision came through but it's been a lot of hard work. 

Hosting is not an easy task, but for me it's been more about community building than anything else which is why I treat my guests like royalty and get a similar response ๐Ÿ™‚ Any host is welcome to test the latter out and they won't be disappointment. Pick some flowers from the parking lot, leave a note saying 'I hope this would brighten up your day' or something like that, and you will be surprised guests will leave with great impressions that you care. 

Rose. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rose422 , Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey with us! Itโ€™s truly amazing how you turned your vision into reality with such passion and hard work. It looks like you put in great care to show your guests how much you value hosting them! 

Iโ€™m curious, what has been the most rewarding part of hosting on boats for you? Have you had any particularly memorable guest experiences? ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Hi Bhumika, 

I am also inspired by your experiences shared here and beyond! 

I have had amazing guests that wanted to connect with me, know about my story, etc so they would speak to me and ask questions when they would see me onsite. At the moment I also live on a boat nearby. In my house manual I have a long quiz that asks questions guests might guess and also has answers, so sometimes guests share how hilarious some answers were (for example, you see a tiny fish swimming inside the toilet, what do you do?). One of them is a vintage vessel and salt water toilets pump water etc from the ocean. There are also funny stories about the iguana that lives onboard and guests are trying to feed her sometimes (she eats a LOT). Recently one couple came over for a dinner on the boat I was staying, I have a grand piano onboard and the gentleman played a song he himself composed and his wife was all in tears. It turned out their son committed a suicide and that was a song he composed at his birth. I found that we usually try to stay strong and put on a face but sometimes deep inside people have vulnerabilities that when you hear they trust you enough to be vulnerable around you, then you feel that probably you did something right as a human. This is just one example. About a month ago another couple proposed onboard and they mentioned it was the best time of their life, so I was thrilled. The gentleman organized a secret proposal on another boat that I helped him put together. He asked me to call them inside to show my boat in passing, then when they went upstairs on the deck there was a big sign and flashy balloons saying "will you marry me?"

I am sure all hosts have great stories and that's the beauty of being an airbnb host. 

Rose. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Rose422 Many thanks for sharing your inspiring experiences with us here ๐Ÿ’– ! It's incredible to read how hosting has allowed you to connect so beautifully with your guests and inspired you to create such memorable moments for and with them. These guest stories are really wonderful! 

I'd like to invite you to share these heart-warming stories with other Hosts in one of our topics here ๐Ÿ‘‰ Share your unforgettable hosting stories! ๐Ÿ‘ˆ ๐ŸŒป

-----

Hello, I'm Beverley. I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. I am a brand new host, not yet having had my first guest, but will do next week. My property is located in Hastings, East Sussex. I love Hastings and I am looking forward to opening up my home up to others who, I hope, will love Hastings and the surrounding areas as much as I do ๐Ÿฅฐ. I look forward to being part of this community.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Beverley158 , very warm welcome to the Community ๐Ÿ˜  It's exciting to hear that you'll be hosting your first guest soon. All the best for that! 

What inspired you to start hosting? Do you have any special plans for welcoming your first guests? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looking forward to hearing more about your journey! ๐Ÿฅฐ

-----

Hi, I'm Marvin...I'm from the island of Trinidad & Tobago, I recently joined on as a co-host, along with my wife. We've listed one of our beautiful properties in #tobago. Looking forward for our incoming future guest to have a great experience. Cheers.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Marvin269 , Welcome to the Community ๐Ÿ˜ It's so great to hear that you and your wife are co-hosting together. The island of Trinidad and Tobago look stunning ๐ŸŽ‰ 

What aspects of the island do you think your guests will enjoy the most? Do you plan to share any hidden gems or local tips with your guest to make the most out of their stay? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-----

Carlos5710
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

Hello everyone, my wife and I are from sunny Florida, USA and we have been traveling to Western North Carolina for many years as we love nature, hiking and the small town vibe. Sure enough 3 years ago we bought our little cabin in the mountains located in Franklin, NC and just last month in June we officially started hosting our place. It's been a great experience thus far and looking forward to hosting more guests as they create wonderful memories. Glad I chose Airbnb as the platform of choice and the support has been great.

A little bit about myself, I'm self employed and work in content creation/ecommerce/marketing for brands and my wife works in Healthcare.