New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,415 Replies 2,415

Hello, my name is Greg Foulger. I am a new Airbnb host in Cape Coral Florida, and will have a second listing in Orem, Utah beginning of next year.  My wife and I are enjoying the this so far, and are still learning the โ€œropesโ€.  I love all water sports,  sailing in particular! 

Tofi7
Level 2
Bandung, Indonesia

My name is Tofi from the city of Bandung in Indonesia, my job is owner salon and spa specifically for women and also as a make up artist. Make up is one of my hobbies that I really like.

hello super host all over the world in this community. I have been with Airbnb for almost 2.5 years and have been a super host for 2,2 years after the first 3 moths join Airbnb.  I Ho
pe that it will always be like that in the future. 

Iโ€™m so Happy to be a part of the community and to share and learning from all of you. 

Warm Regards

Tofi - Bandung - Indonesia

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Tofi7  ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's great to hear that you've been a super host for almost 2.5 years. Your experience will be invaluable to other Hosts on the Community Center. What has been your favourite part of hosting so far? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ 

-----

Shandelle0
Level 1
Memphis, TN

Hi everyone! I'm Shandelle. I'm originally from Arkansas, but I'm now on my 12th move in 13 years. It's been so exciting living across the US. I'm now located in Memphis, TN and my husband and I have our first Airbnb in Arkansas. We cater towards traveling workers with a home that we spent several months remodeling. It's been a wonderful experience so far!

We love to travel and staying in Airbnbs is one of our favorite ways to experience new places.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Shandelle0  ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's lovely to meet you. Wow, 12 moves in 13 years, that's quite an adventure! I can imagine that your experience living across the US gives you a unique perspective as a host. What inspired you to start hosting on Airbnb, and what has been the most rewarding part of your hosting journey so far? โœจ๐ŸŒ

-----

We realized that a town near our hometown was really lacking in options for traveling contractors. We had a family member with a house they were looking to sell in the same town and so we all went in together! We have a portfolio of long-term rentals, so we based everything off of that, but we're really loving the Airbnb experience. It was so much fun for me during the remodel process and it makes me feel great that I was able to create a comfy space for guests in the area.

Roger1083
Level 2
Ohio, United States

Iโ€™m Roger. My wife and I have hosted on Airbnb for 4 years at our shared home in Milan, Ohio just south of Sandusky. We are very close to Lake Erie and one of the worldโ€™s best amusement parks, Cedar Point, ranked for many years as having the most roller coasters of any park. We stayed at someoneโ€™s shared home in 2020 and thought, โ€œHey, we have two guest rooms. We could do this.โ€ It has worked very well. The best part is meeting people from all over. In a polarized world it affords the opportunity to come together and share. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Roger1083 , Welcome to the Community! ๐ŸŒป 

Being so close to Lake Erie and Cedar Point must be a huge attraction for guests.๐Ÿ˜ Based on your own guest experiences, have you added any amenities to your listing? 

๐Ÿ‘‰Do you have any unforgettable hosting stories! ๐Ÿ‘ˆ that you'd be interested in sharing with other Hosts? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-----

Good afternoon. Nice to meet everyone. My name is Olga, I am from Belgrade. I posted my first ad for the first time. While I'm studying. Thank you all in advance for your help, support and friendship. Good luck everyone and have a nice day!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Olga1399 , Welcome to the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜ It's so inspiring to read that you're looking to start your journey as a Host while also studying. If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying? 

How has the process of setting up your listing been for you so far?

-----

I'm studying to manage Airbnb. I'm studyng with your help to became a good Host. Thank you very much for your words. The process of setting was very easy and didn't take a lot of time

Danielle1781
Level 2
Denver, CO

Hello! I'm Dani a Technology Compliance Manager in Denver, Colorado. I'm a first-time homeowner and host. My townhouse has a private basement apartment and I have enjoyed being a host so far but it hasn't been without challenges! Looking forward to connecting and the advice that this community will have!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Danielle1781 , Welcome to the community! Itโ€™s wonderful to hear about your journey as a first-time homeowner and host. 

Hosting can indeed come with its fair set of challenges. What has been the most challenging aspect of hosting for you?

If you have any particular challenges that you'd like to discuss with other Hosts, please feel free to start a new conversation , our helpful Hosts in the Community would definitely love to support you. ๐ŸŒป

-----

Thanks @Bhumika! It's been challenging to manage and optimize everything (bookings, pricing, turnover) while working full time. I did want to manage everything myself for a time so that I would understand what it took, but it's quickly become overwhelming. I also have a high level of anxiety about the guest experience and that's difficult because this is also my home (my townhouse is above my rental unit though both are private). I got a poor review early on that really knocked the wind out of my sails ๐Ÿ˜ž And I have have not had the same frequency of bookings since, so I feel like I'm having to redeem myself and it's very stressful. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

I'm so sorry to hear how the review has affected you @Danielle1781 . You really have a beautiful listing , and I'm sure there will be guests who will absolutely love your hospitality. I hope this one instance, doesn't knock you down ๐ŸŒป 

Managing everything yourself while working full-time sounds incredibly demanding. Have you thought of appointing a Co-host to your listing, in order to ease off your work load? 

-----