New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,513 Replies 2,513

Heyy @Bhumika 

Hi there! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the Community Center! 🌻

Inspiration for "Help Organization Pro Education":
I was inspired to start "Help Organization Pro Education" because I've always believed in the transformative power of education. Growing up, I saw many talented people unable to reach their full potential simply because they lacked resources and support. This organization is my way of bridging that gap, providing educational opportunities and resources to those who need them most. Seeing how education can change lives and uplift communities is incredibly rewarding.

Astrophysics as the Most Useless Skill:
Haha, I get why you found that funny! I mentioned astrophysics as the most useless skill because, while it's fascinating and intellectually stimulating, it's not something I use in my everyday life. It's a bit of a joke—though I love learning about the cosmos, it doesn't exactly help me with my daily tasks or running the organization. It's like having a really cool party trick that you rarely get to show off!

Local Tips and Recommendations:
Absolutely! I love sharing local tips and recommendations with guests. Whether it's a hidden gem of a café, a beautiful hiking trail, or an upcoming local event, I enjoy helping guests make the most of their stay. It's a great way to connect with people and share the beauty of our area.

Memorable Guest Encounters:
I've had so many memorable guest encounters, but one that stands out recently is watching the football cup final with some incredible people—a guy from China, one from France, and one from Taiwan. We had an absolute blast! We played ping pong in my garden, did a Swiss chocolate tasting, and just enjoyed each other's company. Wonderful people and such a fun time!

Thanks for letting me share a bit about myself and my journey. I'm looking forward to more interactions here at the Community Center! 🌟

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful thoughts with us @Cyril505 😍 

It is so inspiring to hear about your mission for education. I admire how passionately you've described this mission and how much it looks forward to provide resources to those who're seeking a definite direction 🌟Cheers to uplifting lives and communities🥂 

Ahaha, I loved to read your take on astrophysics 😛. However, as you said, learning about cosmos and how the universe functions is so amusing🌠 I recently watched a documentary "The edge of all we know", and was awestruck to see how science functions 😍 

About tips and recommendations, many Hosts would surely agree with your approach since it adds so much of a personal touch to guest interactions 👏 Do your guests often compliment you for this gesture?

That's a wonderful story @Cyril505 , thanks so much for sharing on the topic as well! Were they long term guests or rented just for a few weeks. The picture you shared in the other thread is amazing! 🎉

-----

Thank you so much for your kind words! 😍 I'm really passionate about education and believe it can truly uplift lives and communities. It's heartwarming to know that others find inspiration in this mission too. 🌟 Cheers to making a difference together! 🥂

Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed my take on astrophysics! It’s such a fascinating field, even if it doesn’t come in handy every day. "The Edge of All We Know" sounds amazing—I’ll have to check it out! 🌠

Regarding tips and recommendations, yes, many guests do compliment me on this. They appreciate the personal touch and it often makes their stay more enjoyable and memorable. It's a small effort that goes a long way in building a good rapport with them.

As for the recent memorable guests, they were with us for just a few weeks, but the connection we made felt like it could last a lifetime. We had so much fun together, and it’s experiences like these that make hosting so rewarding. I’m glad you liked the picture! 🎉

Thanks again for the lovely message and for encouraging this wonderful community spirit! 🌟

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Cyril505 The documentary is on Netflix , just in case you're looking forward to see it 😉  I cannot even imagine myself doing difficult math calculations. And then there are these scientists, looking forward to solve complex physics equations and paradoxes 🤣 

Such a beautiful reminiscence of the guests😍 Here's to more such amazing guests you'll get to meet through the hosting journey 🥂

-----

Leonardo1189
Level 1
Caracas, Venezuela

Hello! How are you? We are Leonardo and Isabel from Caracas, Venezuela. Is our first time in Airbnb. We have a beautiful house in Galipan in the National Park El Avila and we like to share it with people around the world.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leonardo1189 , Welcome to the Community Center 😍 Your house in Galipan sounds wonderful. What inspired you to start hosting your beautiful listing for people from across the globe? 😉

I noticed on a topic you've created, that you're soon going to welcome your first guests soon! Are you super excited about it or feeling nervous? 😉

-----

Hi, my name is Jessica. This is my first time in the STR space. My property is in Rowlett, a suburb of Dallas, Texas.

I hope that with time I will love and continue to increase doors because I love to travel, meet new people and hope to gain financial freedom to be able to do the things I love and be more generous.  Nice to meet other like minded folks. Blessings!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Jessica3961 

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.  It's great to hear that you have a property in Rowlett, Texas.

How has your hosting experience been so far? Any tips or lessons learned that you'd like to share?

Happy hosting and wishing you all the best in your journey towards financial freedom! 😊🏡

-----

Hi Bhumika,

My name is Connie Olson from Lake Geneva Wisconsin, USA. 
I became a host on Airbnb almost 5 yrs ago. I decided to try it and see if it would be a good fit to supplement my pension when I retired at 55. 
It has done that and then some! I have worked with people my whole career being a Community Service Coordinator for my local government. I was able to retire a year and half ago at 55 thanks to Airbnb. I love meeting new people and allowing them to share my space and enjoy it as much as I do! Lake Geneva WI is a beautiful quaint resort area. Everyone that stays loves it. I’ve now became a Super Host 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Connie573 👋

It's wonderful to meet you. Congratulations on becoming a Super Host and hosting on Airbnb. Lake Geneva, Wisconsin sounds like a lovely area. I'm curious, what has been your favourite part about hosting and meeting new people? Any memorable experiences you'd like to share?

Keep up the great work! 😊🌟🏡

-----

Kevin3481
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Hi,  I'm Kevin, from Anchorage, Alaska.  I made my living guiding wilderness and river trips in Alaska for 20 years.   Now I teach music - guitar, banjo, mandolin, uke - and am a Feldenkrais practitioner.  I love children, the outdoors, physical play, people, travel, regenerative agriculture.  

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kevin3481 👋

It's great to meet you. Your background in guiding wilderness and river trips in Alaska sounds fascinating. It's also wonderful that you're now teaching music and practicing Feldenkrais. With your diverse interests, I'm curious if you incorporate any of those elements into your hosting experience. Do you offer any unique activities or experiences for your guests?

Looking forward to hearing more about your hosting journey! 😊🎸

-----

Walter-Dieter0
Level 2
Randburg, South Africa

Hello everyone 🙂 
I am Walter. I live mostly in Johannesburg, South Africa, but I also spend time in the southern peninsula of Cape Town, South Africa. I love music in a wide range of genres, I play piano and sing in a choir. I love animals, especially dogs. I'm interested in neuroscience, psychology and human behaviour. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Walter-Dieter0 👋

Nice to meet you. Your interests in music, animals, and neuroscience sound fascinating. As a host in both Johannesburg and Cape Town, do you incorporate any of these passions into your hosting experience?

I'd love to hear more about your hosting journey and how you bring your interests into creating a welcoming space for your guests! 😊🎵🐶🧠

-----

Peter4343
Level 1
Thisted, Denmark

Hi 

I am @peter, and I from Denmark 

my AirBnB is Named www.nattelyithy.dk 

I have been in AirBnB in 7 years but first started for real 15/7-24

greating from Denmark

Peter