New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,524 Replies 2,524
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lisa9585 , Welcome to the Community Center! 🌻 Thanks for sharing such a lovely introduction with the community.

Would you like to elaborate a bit on the challenges you're facing while hosting remotely? May be it can help other Hosts to support and share better advices. 

Have you also looked into Co-hosts , who can help you manage bookings and guest communication? 

We'd love to hear more from you! 😊

-----

Alexis996
Level 1
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Hello Everyone! my name is Alex and I am from Mexico. I am a Host looking for a community where I can talk and learn from other Hosts close to my area. I Like to go on early morning walks and enjoy socializing. Hope everyone finds themselves well. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alexis996 , Welcome to the Community Center 😍 It's so nice to hear about your hobbies! I noticed that you've received amazing 5 reviews from your guests 😋 Are there any hosting tips or strategy that you follow for making a guest's stay memorable? Do you have any advice for new Hosts visiting the Community?

Do you have any specific question that you're interested in asking other Hosts near your area? If so, please feel free to start a new conversation to discuss with other Hosts!

-----

Hi everyone. I'm Maria Luis. I live on the island of Madeira, situated in the Atlantic Ocean. I'm completely new to hosting. I was raised in Africa and returned to the island 7 years ago. I love photography, arts and crafts, cooking and baking. As a host I'm looking forward to meeting people from around the globe. I was apprehensive at first about starting a business, so it took me a while to get listed. There are still various options to consider but the important thing was to get started. I thought why allow my apprehension to further delay someone's experience of this little piece of heaven on earth which is Madeira😊

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Alcidia-Maria0, welcome to our community and thank you so much for your introduction 😍

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad