New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,578 Replies 2,578
Andrey214
Level 1
Edmonds, WA

Hello everyone - I am Andrey. My wife and I just listed our property, this is our first time! 

We are from Edmonds, WA but have property in Rontonda West, FL. The property sits on a canal that makes a great place to relax outside on patio. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrey214 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Woop woop! Congratulations on your first listing! And a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Marcia838
Level 2
West Orange, NJ

@Marcia I was born in jamaica West Indies.  I migrated to the USA in 2007 and I live with my Family in NJ.  I love gardening and Baking.  I have a long bucket list of places I want to travel when I retire.

I started my Air B&B in 2023 it has been a long journey. I am still learning and working on it

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marcia838 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. ๐ŸŽ‰

Where's your first stop on your travel bucket list?

-----

Lorrie63
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

hello everyone -  Iโ€™m from Atlanta, Georgia and happy to connect and meet you all. I am new to hosting. Our place is in Georgia along one of the great fishing lakes in the state. My husband and I enjoy traveling, hiking and seeing the National Parks. I work a hybrid schedule and my husband travels for work. Hoping to find a balance for all. Any ideas are welcomed. Would also like to connect with some hosts in our area since itโ€™s a popular location. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lorrie63 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. As this is a global community, it might be hard to find a Host from a specific area - but we've got a wealth of knowledge and experience relating to all things Airbnb! There are Local Host Clubs though in case you'd like more local connections too. 

-----

Marie-Evangeline0
Level 1
Puerto Princesa, Philippines

Hi i am marie evangeline  from Philippines but my friends call me "vangie". I am new in hosting  hopefully i will gain more ideas and learn a lot  from this community. Thank you

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marie-Evangeline0 "Vangie" ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

-----

Julie6300
Level 1
Cairo, NY

Hi, Iโ€™m Julie, Iโ€™m an RN for over 21 years and now working remotely so I can travel more! Iโ€™m new to hosting but Iโ€™ve been the guest many times! Iโ€™m from upstate NY But love to go to Florida every winter ! Iโ€™ll have lots of questionsโ€ฆ 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Julie6300 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You'll have so much experience after being a guest, do you think you'll apply some of that experience into your own Hosting style for your guests? 

-----

Hola soy Juan Cristobal. odontologo de profesiรณn, musico aficionado y vivo en Chaitรฉn  una localidad pequeรฑa en el sur de Chile  puerta de entrada a la Carretera Austral. Me gusta la pesca deportiva,  la carpinterรญa, cocinar  y participo en organizaciones sociales comuitarias pormoviendo servicios y gestiรณn cultural en mi localidad

Ultimamente me estoy dedicando al rubro turistico , cuento con cabaรฑas y quisiera promocionar tambien excursiones de pesca deportiva  en el lago Yelcho de Chaitรฉn, prara lo cual cuento con embarcaciรณn a motor y equipo necesario  para brindar una experiencia extraordinaria.

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Hello, I'm Juan Cristobal. dentist by profession, amateur musician and I live in Chaitรฉn, a small town in the south of Chile, gateway to the Carretera Austral. I like sport fishing, carpentry, cooking and I participate in community social organizations promoting services and cultural management in my town.

Lately I have been dedicating myself to the tourism sector, I have cabins and I would also like to promote sport fishing excursions on Lake Yelcho de Chaitรฉn, for which I have a motor boat and the necessary equipment to provide an extraordinary experience.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Juan-Cristobal3 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! We have a Spanish speaking Community Center that you might be interested in.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Centro-de-la-Comunidad-SP/ct-p/centro-de-la-comunidad

Google Translation added by Community Manager: 

Hola @Juan-Cristobal3 ๐Ÿ‘‹

ยกFelicitaciones y una gran bienvenida al Centro Comunitario! Tenemos un Centro Comunitario de habla hispana que podrรญa interesarle.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Centro-de-la-Comunidad-SP/ct-p/centro-de-la-comunidad 

-----

Goran150
Level 1
Skopje, North Macedonia

Hello.

My name is Dijana,I'm cohost of the property.Our property is situated in Skopje,Macedonia.We started 2 months ago and we still trying to manage things.

Our property is situated on the entrance of the capitol f Macedonia and is only 18km far from the international airport.It's a brand new aparment with all the nessesary in it.We are trying to be good hosts.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Goran150 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

-----