New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,850 Replies 2,850
Caleb255
Level 1
Kigali, Rwanda

Hello Community Members! I am Caleb Igiraneza, from Kigali, Rwanda. I am new at airbnb hosting and so excited for this venture!

Hi @Caleb255 😊 

Welcome to the Community!

Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. You can perhaps find other hosts who live near you.  🌞

Warm regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

My name is Luís, and I manage some properties in the city of Porto, Portugal. As an avid traveler and hiking enthusiast, I understand the importance of finding the perfect place to stay, whether you're exploring a new city or just looking for a peaceful retreat.

Hi @Luís-Gabriel0  😊 

You are correct, it is important to find a great place to relax! 

Do you have any hikes in your region to recommend to the community?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi everyone,  I am from Minneapolis Minnesota. We live in the home state of the Mall of America. A number of our guests come to experience a Vikings football game and to check out the mall. I enjoy interior design and Hallmark movies. Newly retired and enjoying hosting at our rental property. 

Hi @Patricia-Lavon0 , welcome 😁

I am curious about this Vikings football game. 

Could you tell us more? 

-----

Flyn16
Level 1
New York, United States

Hi everyone I am Flyn from Queens, New York I have been hosting for over 5 years took a break and I am back glad to be here.

Hi @Flyn16

welcome back! 😍 

How was your break? Did you miss hosting?

I wish you a wonderful day. 🌻

-----

Hi All,

I have a beautiful old schoolhouse in the northwest corner of CT that i have been restoring more many years. I hope to put a book together one day... I rent this on airbnb so that i can share this wonderful space and also help fund the continual maintenance. 

I have a company called House of Tonic and I converted my garage into a lab to develop unique small batch cosmetics using local products from our bees, the garden and surrounding areas. At House of Tonic we create, craft and curate products and experiences that inspire reconnection to nature. 

The Schoolhouse is a sanctuary that uses House of Tonic products for their guests. We curate a wonderful seasonal welcome pack and allow our guests to enjoy the space we created for reconnection and rejuvenation.

I hope to be able to represent this message well through the airbnb listing and would love any feedback this community can provide.

Thank you so much. Catherine

Carola263
Level 2
Friedrichshafen, Germany

Hallo, mein Name ist Carola, bin Grafikerin, komme aus Deutschland und habe zwei erwachsene Söhne. Ich wohne in Friedrichshafen direkt am Bodensee und bin seit etwas über einem Monat Gastgeber auf Airbnb. Es ist richtig toll, über diesen Weg so viele verschiedene Leute kennenzulernen, Airbnb ist klasse! Ich bin sehr gerne Gastgeber und freue mich, wenn die Leute einen schönen Urlaub am See haben. Ich selbst werde jetzt für einige Wochen nach Kalifornien reisen und hoffe, auch von dort aus die Airbnb Nachrichten weiter einsehen zu können. Um alles weitere vor Ort kümmern sich dann meine Söhne. 

Herzliche Grüße, Carola

___

Hello, my name is Carola, I am a graphic designer, come from Germany and have two grown-up sons. I live in Friedrichshafen directly on Lake Constance and have been a host on Airbnb for just over a month. It's really great to meet so many different people this way, Airbnb is great! I really enjoy being a host and am happy when people have a great vacation by the lake. I will be traveling to California for a few weeks now and hope to be able to continue checking the Airbnb news from there. My sons will then take care of everything else on site.

Best regards, Carola

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @Carola263 welcome to the community! 😊

This is a very lovely introduction.

What is the best memory you have of this experience so far?

Would you like to share it? 🌻

___

Hallo @Carola263 herzlich willkommen in der Community! 😊

Das ist eine sehr schöne Einführung.

Was ist die schönste Erinnerung, die du bisher an diese Erfahrung hast?

Würdest du sie gerne teilen? 🌻

[Google translation added by OCM]

-----

Jacob987
Level 1
Frederiksberg, Denmark

Hi, everyone! 👋🙂 My name is Jacob. I am from Denmark 🇩🇰 Been a Copenhagen resident for the last twenty years. Only started hosting last year, but absolutely love it and made Superhost! 😍Having the chance to meet so many nice people as guests while sharing my apartment when I am away - and turning a buck - is the perfect setup for me. 

I only had one unpleasant experience, but Aircover came to the rescue. Hope that I can become an even better host by joining this community.

Kind regards

Jacob

Hi @Jacob987 

I am happy to know that everything is going well and you enjoying your time as Host.  😍

What do you recommend your guests visit?

-----

Hi-Samui0
Level 1
Koh Samui, Thailand

Hi, we are Hi Samui Hostel on Ko Samui, happy to join this community and give support for everyone.
Planning a trip to Ko Samui? If you or your friends need a place to stay, hit me up!

Hi @Hi-Samui0 

Welcome to this amazing community! 😍

How is your experience as a Host going so far?

Warm regards,

-----