New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,966 Replies 2,966

Hello Fellow Hosts,
Am Muhoro Pius W,a citizen of Kenya๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช,currently operating the Tourism sector in kenya's Capital,Nairobi.
Am glad to join this community and explore the Airbnb Hosting Sector which is part of Tourism promotion...

Meanwhile;I would Recommend Integration of Airbnb with Local payment System e.g in kenya,most customers use Mobile Payments-MPESA.

As the Growth Product manager of K254 Tours and Travel (a brand by: K254 Media Conglomerate Africa LTD- **which is a Local & International Tour Planning & Management, Bookings, Camping, Team Building, as well our new focus as  K254 Airbnb Services, etc.

I Hereby Welcome all of you to the Beautiful City of Nairobi,Kenya.

Dont Hesitate to Explore what K254 Media Does in Kenya and Africa at large: **  including Events Mgt,Tours,Branding,Marketing,etc

Have a lovely Week Ahead.

Regards,
Muhoro Pius W.
Growth Product Manager,

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Hi @Muhoro0 

Thank you for your suggestions and welcome. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Donโ€™t hesitate to start a new conversation on this topic by clicking the 'Post' button.

It might be helpful for other Hosts.

Unfortunately, I had to remove the links and the email address from your comments for safety reasons, as advertising and sharing emails are not allowed in the Community Center according to our guidelines.

Warm regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Simon4819
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello, one and all. I'm SImon and have lived in the Shooters Hill part of London since 2007. I'm hoping to go on long-distance cycle rides around Europe and rent out my property while I'm away. 

Can anyone recommend a suitable insurance policy?

Hi @Simon4819 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the community!

I suggest you ask this in the "help with your business" section.

I am sure experienced Hosts will be able to help you.

Warm regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi, Iโ€™m Robin

Iโ€™ve just started my listing waiting for my first booking.

Iโ€™m in Cayucos California

Hi @Robin1488 

welcome to this amazing community! ๐Ÿ˜

How do you feel about starting this experience?

-----

Christine4439
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hello! 

I am a host in Toronto.   I seem to be stuck in a loop with AirBnb admin about resubmitting a license for government validation.  The license is valid but it was declined due a spelling discrepancy.  This is now fixed.  

I do I get my listing up?  AirBnb chat cannot help and have referred my (4 times) to a special committee --- no response.  

Help!

Hi @Christine4439 

welcome to the community. ๐Ÿ˜Š I am also from Toronto! ๐Ÿ˜

I suggest you ask this in the "ask about your listing" section.

I am sure experienced Hosts will be able to help you.

Warm regards

-----

Heather2006
Level 1
Garberville, CA

Hello!  I host numerous listings in homes that I have raised my son in beautiful Humboldt County California.  Being a hostess has been challenging in the least.  Two bad reviews out of hundreds and itโ€™s so damaging to my score.  Itโ€™s shocking actually.  I would much rather prefer 5 stars and then negative feedback on the private note public statements.  Itโ€™s too bad that more guests do not do it that way:( 

Hi @Heather2006 ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it can be difficult sometimes, but we should still focus on the positive aspects.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve this?

Warm regards,

-----

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone, I am Pete from Nigeria living in Dubai. Love football, research and travelling. I'm overwhelm to be here hoping to engage all available resources on Airbnb to profit my investment and simultaneously giving back to Airbnb community. In my short time of joining I've met wonderful soul (Ahmed) who is never tired of my questions and he has been very helpful, God bless him. Once again am happy to be here and hoping for a long term relationship with everyone and Airbnb. Thank you.

Hi @Idowu-Peter0 

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to the community. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Are you hosting in Dubai?

-----

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Yes please. I have 2 apartments in Business Bay Dubai but am still new here so I need lots of support and advise that's why am spending some time in this forum to hear from champions like you @Elisa 

Thank you @Idowu-Peter0 ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think you will learn a lot here. Don't hesitate to talk with the experienced Hosts, they are the real champions. ๐Ÿ˜

Warm regards,

-----

Ola12847
Level 1
Airdrie, Canada

Hello, Airbnb Community! ๐ŸŒŸ We're Ola and Osa, new hosts from Airdrie. Weโ€™re excited to join this wonderful community and look forward to connecting and learning from all the experienced hosts here.