New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,112 Replies 3,112
Tammy715
Level 1
Sisters, OR

Hi Everyone,

I am Tammy and I live in Sisters OR. I have a home in Bend that is an AIRBNB. I started my hosting about 8 years ago and have had really good success! I Love meeting people from all over the world. We also have an AIRBNB in Troncones Mexico that does very well. We Love to travel there whenever we can.

Thanks!

Tammy

Hi Everyone! 

My preferred name is DeeDee, although Iโ€™ll show up on here under my legal name.  I have been a nurse ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€โš•๏ธ since 2012, and Iโ€™m currently a travel nurse in the operating room.  Iโ€™m currently on assignment in IL, however my primary state of residence is Florida.  I am slowly transitioning into renting out my homes and hope to do it as a means to retire from nursing.  I started renting out my first place in Naples, Florida ๐ŸŒด as a mid-term rental.  Recently, I purchased my second home in Clearwater, Florida ๐ŸŒด and I recently listed it as a STR.  I hope to learn much from seasoned and novice hosts as I believe learning is a life-long journey.

I love traveling โœˆ๏ธ, trying new restaurants ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฅ˜๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿณ, playing random games โ›ณ๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ, โ™Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงฉ๐ŸŽฐ, and listening to my 5 (and three quarters) year old son sing the song โ€œItโ€™s Raining Tacos.โ€

Thereโ€™s much to learn regarding how I can optimize my listings as I am managing them remotely with an incredible cleaning crew in both cities.  I also have a handyman in Naples, and an incredible neighbor in Clearwater that look after anything my places need since Iโ€™m in another state.  When I I been contracts, I do go home to stay in my places if they are available.

I canโ€™t wait to learn and grow with you all! 

Nnem353
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Hello Everyone,

I am Nnem.  I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada and have been hosting for sometime.  Iโ€™m looking to meet other host and learn new ways to become a better host.  I recently starting listening to audiobooks and enjoy traveling.

Darren481
Level 1
Bingham, United Kingdom

Hi I'm Darren self employed handyman/labourer from Nottinghamshire I down to earth easy to get on with I rent my spare room due to many financial complications 

Divya77
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

Hi Host Community,

Myself Divya Nair. Just listed my place on airbnb in Bangalore. My place is named Arendelle Luxe. I customised my place like how I would like an airbnb should be if I book one myself. 

Hello All! Iโ€™m in Merry Hill, North Carolina in the US. Iโ€™m new to hosting so any advice on my posting is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Nancy-And-Kolos0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hello Everyone!

We jumped on the Airbnb wagon at the early days. Currently co-hosting numerous units in Toronto and the Niagara region. We quickly realized how hard it is to find a good cleaning team and personel that can perform light management tasks and maintenance. So we started our own business in the GTA and Niagara region providing cleaning, stocking and maintenance services to fellow hosts. โค๏ธ

Hello everyone!

Iโ€™m Nirvana, a Florida native who has recently returned to my roots after spending a few wonderful years in California. Iโ€™m passionate about the beach, music, health and wellness, and I love exploring new destinations and cuisines. Each of these interests reflects my enthusiasm for vibrant, enriching experiences, which I aim to bring to my hosting. Iโ€™m excited to connect with this community and share my love for travel and good living with my guests. I also help hosts as a co-host and provide several services and assistance - please reach out to me if you are looking for someone to helo manage your properties! Looking forward to meeting you all and creating memorable stays together!