Winter Release Q&A session

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,498 Replies 3,498
Elan2226
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hey everyone, 

My name is Elan. 
I am a new host here and so excited to start working with this amazing community!
- Please let me know if you have any tips, suggestions, or things you wished you knew starting up. 

Thanks!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elan2226, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jennifer4922
Level 3
Oakland, CA

Hello from Oakland, CA!  I have been Airbnb'ing the ADU in my backyard for 1.5+ years and it's been a wonderful experience (barring a few undesirable guests 😅).  I have a W-2 job but would like to do more real estate investing (out of state - CA is expensive!) and scale my portfolio.  I appreciate having this community, thank you!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Jennifer4922 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. How has your experience been with hosting so far? 

What locations are on your radar to expand your portfolio|? Will you be using them as Airbnb's too? Let me know and perhaps we can suggests some of our hosts for you to connect with and learn more. 😊

-----

Robert-James0
Level 1
Murfreesboro, TN

Hello, I’m a new host on Airbnb. I’m from the middle Tennessee area. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Robert-James0 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. I thought you might be interested to read this thread where Hosts like yourself are answering the question: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

We can't wait to see what you share 😍

-----

Brigid68
Level 1
Alto Pass, IL

Hi, I’m Brigid, the heart behind Shawnee Glamp Camp! I’m an artist and world traveler with a love for nature and hospitality. I’ve created a space in my rural hometown where guests can enjoy the beauty of the outdoors without sacrificing comfort. I’m passionate about adding a personal touch to every stay, ensuring each guest feels welcome and cared for. As a lifelong lover of camping and adventure, I wanted to combine the serenity of nature with the luxury of glamping in a skoolie, and that’s how Shawnee Glamp Camp was born.

I’m new to the rental community and expect to have questions and concerns as they pop up. I’m super happy to ask for and receive help from experienced community members!

Hi @Brigid68 😊

Welcome to the community centre! Thank you for your lovely introduction. 😍

I completely agree, details always make a big difference!

How do you add a personal touch to your guests' stays at your Airbnb?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Shawn934
Level 2
Ellenwood, GA

Happy Friday!  I'm An Sean, and I live in Atlanta but originally from New Jersey. I'm new to hosting and looking forward to connecting, learning, and growing this into a business. I have my 2nd guest coming this upcoming weekend. I'm both excited and nervous all at the same time. 

Hi @Shawn934 

Happy Friday to you as well, and welcome to the community centre! 😊

Your feelings are completely normal. I’m so happy to hear that you’ve welcomed your second guest! 😍

Did you have a positive experience with your first guest?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa Thank you for the warm welcome!

The first guests were great. Left the property the same way it was received. 

@Shawn934 this is amazing, thank you for letting me know! 😍

Do you have a nice memory to share from your positive experience with your first guest? If so, please feel free to 👉 start a new conversation here.

This will help you connect with other hosts, exchange experiences, and enhance your hosting journey.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Shirley659
Level 2
Santiago, Chile

¡Hello everyone! my name is Shirley, I am from Brazil, but I live in Chile for many years. I love this country and their people. I've recently been appointed as a co-host, and I am eager to explore all the tools Airbnb offers to help me my listings rank among the top 10. I'd appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Shirley659, thank you so much for sharing your introduction! What brought you to Chile? It truly is a wonderful country. Where are you located in Chile? I had the opportunity to live there and absolutely loved the southern part of the country.

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice on co-hosting strategies from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello @Paula , it´s a true pleasure to meet you. I live in a small town in the metropolitan region of Santiago called Talagante. I am helping a dear friend manage her cabins in the central coast of Chile, in the city of Navidad.