New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,222 Replies 3,222

Thank you, Paula. That's a great idea. I'll do it. 

Hi there!

I’m Álvaro Oviedo, from Tamarindo, Costa Rica. I’ve been using Airbnb for 4 years now, and I’m excited to connect with this community to learn and share experiences with all of you.

Tamarindo is a beautiful beach town, known for its amazing surf spots, stunning sunsets, and vibrant local culture. It’s a place where nature meets adventure, and I’m proud to offer a glimpse of that to my guests.

Looking forward to engaging more with everyone here!

Best,

Álvaro

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Álvaro136, ¡es un gusto tenerte en nuestra comunidad! 😊

I completely agree—Tamarindo is a spectacular beach! I had the opportunity to visit a few years ago, and I truly enjoyed my time there.

I also wanted to share that there is a Spanish Community Center where you can connect with hosts in Costa Rica. Here is the link where you can join.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello Paula!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I’m actually already a member of the community, and I’m super excited to be part of this great group where I can learn so much from all of you.

Looking forward to connecting and sharing experiences!

Best regards,

Álvaro

Damien591
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Hello @Bhumika, @Quincy, @Paula, @Rebecca, and @Elisa! 😊

Thank you for the warm welcome! I’m Damien, and I’m thrilled to join this amazing community. I’ve been an Airbnb host since 2013, offering both stays and unique experiences, and I’ve loved every minute of it!

I currently host an Airbnb waterbike experience in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I get to combine my love of the outdoors with meeting new people from all over the world. Every week, I meet guests who are eager to try something different, and it’s been incredibly rewarding to see how my experience inspires them to step out of their comfort zones and have an adventure on the water.

I’m excited to connect with everyone here and learn more about the amazing things you’re creating and sharing with the Airbnb community. Looking forward to exchanging knowledge and experiences with you all!

Cheers,
Damien

Proudly hosted hundreds of engaging, health-focused experiences with SpinOut Fitness since 2019, where guests can explore the San Francisco Bay on waterbikes while embracing fitness and adventure.
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Damien591 👋

Welcome to the Airbnb community. It's great to have you here! Your waterbike experience in the San Francisco Bay Area sounds amazing! We'd love to hear more about your experiences and your hosting journey. What have been some of your most memorable moments hosting guests? 

-----

I've had the opportunity to meet incredible individuals from all walks of life through Airbnb. Hosting both guests in my home and on my experiences has truly broadened my horizons and allowed me to connect with people from all over the world. Whether it's entrepreneurs starting new ventures, students embarking on their college journey, or passionate vegan chefs sharing their recipes, each interaction has been enriching. Welcoming families to experience our waterbikes and witnessing their joy has been truly rewarding. Every day, I look forward to the chance to connect with diverse and amazing individuals. Sharing my passions in this way is a truly fulfilling experience for me.

Proudly hosted hundreds of engaging, health-focused experiences with SpinOut Fitness since 2019, where guests can explore the San Francisco Bay on waterbikes while embracing fitness and adventure.
Susan-Jane-Mcgregor0
Level 2
Waikato, New Zealand

Hello , I’m Sue from the Waikato area in New Zealand. I’m very new to hosting through Airbnb. Still finding my way. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Susan-Jane-Mcgregor0 👋

We're so happy you're here and this will be a great space for you to get support from experienced hosts!

We reached out to Hosts just like you in this thread - New Hosts: How do you feel about starting your hosting adventure?  

-----

Hola! I'm Abigail from the Philippines. I just started my listing just today. Located in Quezon City. I hope I can gain support to all of you here in the community. All the best!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Abigail379 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.  It's fantastic that you just started your listing in Quezon City.

We're here to support you on your hosting journey. Is there anything specific you'd like to know or any challenges you're facing as a new host? 

-----

JaNyce3
Level 1
Pueblo, CO

Hello everyone. Hailing from Pueblo Colorado. Literally just started with AirBnB less than a month ago. Connected with an ambassador who has helped me out a lot. Doing alright. Currently hosting a guest for 10 days. Using Smart Pricing and extended stay discounts. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@JaNyce3, we are very glad to have you here 😊

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Leandra-Fortunata0
Level 1
Faro, Portugal

Olá! Sou a Leandra, a tua anfitriã apaixonada em Faro, no coração do maravilhoso Algarve!

Tenho o prazer de oferecer uma propriedade incrível com 4 quartos, todos pensados para proporcionar uma experiência inesquecível. Três dos quartos têm casa de banho privada, cama de casal e ar condicionado, perfeitos para garantir o máximo conforto para dois hóspedes. E para quem procura ainda mais espaço, o quarto maior conta com uma cozinha completa, casa de banho privada, uma cama de casal e um sofá-cama, sendo ideal para acomodar até 4 hóspedes de forma super confortável.

Sinto uma imensa alegria por fazer parte da comunidade Airbnb e por ter a oportunidade de receber pessoas de todo o mundo! Adoro receber hóspedes e garantir que cada detalhe da sua estadia seja perfeito. Desde dar recomendações especiais para explorar Faro até criar um ambiente acolhedor, ser anfitriã é a minha verdadeira paixão. Não há nada que me deixe mais feliz do que ver os meus hóspedes a desfrutarem ao máximo e saírem com memórias inesquecíveis.

Mal posso esperar para te receber no Algarve e partilhar contigo este cantinho especial de Portugal!

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Hello! I'm Leandra, your passionate hostess in Faro, in the heart of the wonderful Algarve!

I am pleased to offer an incredible property with 4 bedrooms, all designed to provide an unforgettable experience. Three of the bedrooms have a private bathroom, double bed and air conditioning, perfect for ensuring maximum comfort for two guests. And for those looking for even more space, the largest room has a full kitchen, private bathroom, a double bed and a sofa bed, making it ideal for accommodating up to 4 guests in a super comfortable way.

I feel immense joy in being part of the Airbnb community and having the opportunity to welcome people from all over the world! I love welcoming guests and ensuring that every detail of their stay is perfect. From giving special recommendations for exploring Faro to creating a welcoming environment, being a host is my true passion. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my guests enjoy themselves to the fullest and leave with unforgettable memories.

I can't wait to welcome you to the Algarve and share this special corner of Portugal with you!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Leandra-Fortunata0 👋

Your property in Faro sounds amazing. I'm glad to hear that you're passionate about being a host and creating unforgettable experiences for your guests. Can you tell me more about your hosting experience so far? Any memorable moments or tips you'd like to share?

Did you know? We also have a Portuguese speaking Community Center?

-----