New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,255 Replies 3,255

Hi @Juan5444 ‌😊

Welcome to the community! It's wonderful to have someone from Spain.

It is really inspiring what you are doing. How did you come up with the idea?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

My pleasure, greetings from the Dominican Republic. 

Hi @Eugene257 😊

Welcome to the community center!

How is your experience going so far? Have you received any reservations?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Naval13
Level 1
Termonbarry, Ireland

Hi,

I am Naval , originally from Kerala, India. I am settled in Ireland and started hosting since 2 yrs. I live in the Irish country side, surrounded by beautiful farm lands and cattle. I am a nurse basically, but have diverse interests. I love to travel, books and friends go next, art and literature follows. One of my biggest goals is to become a successful entrepreneur and to travel across the continents. 

Hi @Naval13 😊

We are happy you joined the community!

The Irish countryside is so charming. What is the purpose of your guests staying at your place?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Shaina32
Level 1
Ranchi, India

Hello Everyone and the CC Team! Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm currently located in India 🇮🇳and this is my first time hosting on Airbnb. I’m excited to join this community and start my hosting journey. Hosting has always intrigued me because I love the idea of meeting people from different places and making them feel at home.

Though I'm new, I’ve already found the experience rewarding. I’ve had wonderful guests, and I’m learning a lot along the way. I’m looking forward to gaining more insights, sharing my own experiences, and connecting with other hosts here. Thanks again for creating such a supportive space!

Hello @Shaina32 ,  welcome to our community. I never visit India, but love to see this part of our planet 🙂 Once vill come to your anazing country 🙂

Hi @Shaina32 😊

We are happy you joined this community, and thank you for your kind words!

When did you start renting on Airbnb?

We look forward to reading about your experiences in the community! 😍

Don't hesitate to do so by starting a new conversation here.

Warm regard 🌻,

-----

Charlotte1440
Level 1
Rome, Italy

Hello everyone! My name is Charlotte, and I am excited to share a bit about myself with you. I am 51 years old and currently reside in the beautiful city of Rome. My journey as a host began 11 years ago when I started as an Airbnb host in Denmark.

Over the years, my passion for hosting has grown, and I am now proud to be a host and co-host in three incredible locations: Copenhagen, Tuscany, and Rome. Each of these places has its unique charm, and I love being able to provide travelers with a warm and welcoming experience.

I look forward to connecting with all of you and sharing more about my experiences in the hospitality industry!

Hello @Charlotte1440  your choices is anazing. Have you ever visited Croatia? It s so close ti Italy ,my favorite place to have a fan and holidays 🙂

Ciao @Charlotte1440 😊

benvenuta nella community! 

I am from Italy (Adriatic Coast) as well, but I'm based in Toronto. You've lived in amazing cities! 😍

What made you decide to start Airbnb 11 years ago?

Warm regard 🌻,

-----

A-Home-By-Alex0
Level 2
Busto Arsizio, Italy

Ciao a tutti piacere alex , grazie di avermi accettato, sono italiano , ho scelto di diventare host per poter conoscere persone di varie nazionalità  , la posizione del mio alloggio è a 15 minuti dall'aeroporto milano malpensa, comodo per chi vuole riposare prima della partenza. Sono simpatico, molto socievole e disponibile , Sono host dal 26 dicembre 2024. per migliorare ogni giorni si accettano consigli dai più esperti. un'abbraccio a tutti 🙂 

___

Hello everyone pleasure alex , thank you for accepting me , I am Italian , I chose to become host to be able to know people of various nationalities , the location of my accommodation is 15 minutes from the airport milano malpensa, convenient for those who want to rest before departure. I am nice, very sociable and helpful , I am host since December 26, 2024. to improve every day we accept advice from the most experienced. a hug to everyone 🙂

[Google translation, added by OCM]

Ciao @A-Home-By-Alex0 😊

Benvenuto nella community!

You had a great idea to rent your place close to the airport! I usually need to spend the night near the airport because I live quite far away.

Have you received any reservations yet? What is the purpose of your visitors?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Elena4880
Level 1
Asuncion, Paraguay

Soy Elena de Asunción Paraguay ,  actualmente me dedico a tasar propiedades y/o alquilarlas y venderlas , sin embargo mi pasión sigue siendo la fotografia que me ha ayudado muchisimo en mis actividades profesionales , ya como jubilada encuentro esta como una afición muy interesante , además de incursionar en la labor del crochet que es muy placentera.

___

I am Elena from Asuncion Paraguay, I am currently dedicated to appraise properties and/or rent and sell them, however my passion is still photography which has helped me a lot in my professional activities, and as a retiree I find this as a very interesting hobby, in addition to dabbling in the work of crochet which is very pleasant.

[Google translation, added by OCM]

Hola @Elena4880 😊

Welcome to the community!

You have so many hobbies, that's amazing! 😍

Are you renting a place? You mentioned you are a photographer. Did you take the pictures for your listing?

Warm regards 🌻

-----