New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,333 Replies 3,333
Armand-Henri-Louis0
Level 1
Alkmaar, Netherlands

Hi  , my name is Henri  ... , ..what's there to say i am a violinist.

Hi @Armand-Henri-Louis0 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the community!

I love classical music! ๐Ÿ˜

Do you play music for a job or during your free time?

How long have you been hosting?

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Wendy1868
Level 2
Oroville, CA

I am from Northern California, Paradise to be precise. I am a mother of 4 and grandmother to 1. I worked in Skilled nursing management for 30+ years and then we went through the 2018 #campfire and I had a stroke 9 months later. I could no longer do my job as I once had.
So, I decided I would be my own boss and I bought three houses in Oregon and became an Airbnb Host and I love it. I especially love our bay view house on the coast of Coos Bay.
What is important in life to me is my faith, family, and friends. I love photography, fly fishing, reading, and traveling. Thank you for accepting me into this community. 

Hi @Wendy1868 ๐Ÿ˜Š,

Your journey is truly inspiring. Itโ€™s fantastic to hear how you turned challenges into opportunities by becoming an Airbnb host. ๐Ÿ˜

Would you like to discuss that in the community by starting a new conversation here?

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Robert8610
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Hello @Bhumika@Quincy , @Paula , @Rebecca , @Elisa , and the rest of this wonderful Airbnb hosting community! My name is Bobby Roufaeal. My family's originally from Egypt but I was born and raised in northern NJ. I have hosted both in LA and more recently, in northern NJ (Jersey City). 

I was raised in a big, loud, loving family - where we would all get together for big Sunday dinners every week. Growing up cooking and serving my family - I found hosting a natural fit for me - I love it! Excited to get to meet other like-minded hosts so that we can learn and grow together.

Is anyone else in this community hosting in the NJ/NY area? Would love to connect!

Hi @Robert8610 ๐Ÿ˜Š

With your background in both LA and Jersey City, what has been the most memorable experience you've had while hosting?

Regarding the community, you can take a look at our Local Host Club to find people from your area.

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Viva--Costa-Del-Sol0
Level 2
Benalmรกdena, Spain

Hello everyone!

We're Nely, Johan, and the team behind Viva Costa del Sol, a property management agency based in the beautiful Costa del Sol (Spain). โ˜€๏ธ

We're proud new Superhosts here at Airbnb, and we manage a range of vacation rentals designed to provide unforgettable experiences for guests from all over the world. ๐ŸŽ‰

Johan and I started this journey because we love sharing the charm of this region with travelers, and without Johan's support, this dream wouldn't be possible. It's been an incredible experience so far.

Being recognized as Superhosts is a fantastic milestone for us, reflecting the quality and care we strive to offer. We're excited to connect with all of you, learn from your experiences, and share our own insights along the way.

Feel free to reach out if you're curious about the Costa del Sol, want to talk about property management, or just want to say hi!

Looking forward to being part of this wonderful community!

Best wishes,
Nely, Johan & the Viva Costa del Sol Team ๐Ÿ’™

Hi @Viva--Costa-Del-Sol0 ๐Ÿ˜Š,

Welcome to the community everybody!

Congratulations on becoming Superhosts! ๐ŸŽ‰

How is your experience in the community going so far?

Also, do you have any tips you would recommend to guests visiting your beautiful region?

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Hi, 

I'm Aamina. I'm from Pakistan. I'm currently residing in Islamabad where I've recently opened a B&B:) I love travelling and immersing myself in new cultures. I look forward to getting lots of tips from this community. 

Hi @Aamina3 ๐Ÿ˜Š,

Itโ€™s great to have you here, and congratulations on opening your B&B in Islamabad! ๐Ÿ˜

Do you also serve breakfast at your place for your guests?

What do you usually prepare for them?

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Troy341
Level 1
Boise, ID

Well, hello!

I am Troy in Boise, Idaho.  Friends call me Cark (first half of last name).  I have hosted twice and cleaned twelve times.  ๐Ÿ˜‚. Seriously, though, we are the original owners and bought our house in southeast Boise in 2002, raised twins hereโ€ฆsent one off to nursing school and the other to Dominoes pizza as a delivery driver.  We always reinvested our extra income back into the house.   Thus, like a well-prepared Mom at the beach with two sets of tweezers in the duffel bag, we remodeled our kitchen three times.   Every room and floor upgradedโ€ฆevery appliance, HVAC, window, blind, fixture!  
Ultimately, I decided to not lose the opportunity cost of selling in a high interest rate, undervalued market, even though I was marketing it to Dubai.   It can be viewed at Carktricity.com.

Now, this made me pucker. I submitted my listing and kept working diligently, day and night, to get her ready for prime time.   At 5am last week, I looked in the app and realized I had a 5 day first booking at 3pm.   Holy Sh*t !!  
We DEEP-cleaned everything AND moved out by 5pm (yes, I called).   

What advice can you please provide to this middle-aged white hockey from Montana that used to ride a YZ-WR250 motorcycle of the same name.   Not Cark, but โ€œWhite Honkeyโ€. Hahaha. 

Hi @Troy341 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the community center Troy!

I like your journey as a Host, it sounds like quite the adventure. ๐Ÿ˜

Why did you decide to remodel the kitchen three times?

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Jorgelina28
Level 1
Sรฃo Paulo, Brazil

buen dia! soy jorgelina, argetnina, vivi 20 a'nos en brasil y ahora de vuelta en mi pais, me dedio a los alquileres temporarios, soy una gran viajera, me encanta conocer nuevos lugares y nuevas personas, soy muy activa, y me gusta recibir gente!

___

good day! i'm jorgelina, argetnina, i lived 20 years in brazil and now back in my country, i dedicate myself to temporary rentals, i'm a great traveler, i love to know new places and new people, i'm very active, and i like to receive people!

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @Jorgelina28 ๐Ÿ˜Š

It's wonderful to have you here in the community center!

Whatโ€™s been your favorite experience in temporary rentals so far, and how has living in Brazil influenced your hosting style?

Don't hesitate to share this with our community to connect with other Hosts by starting a new conversation here.

Warm regards๐ŸŒป,

-----

Rhodri7
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Hi. I own a house in Cardiff, Wales, and have for years now let out my spare room on Airbnb. I would be interested in chatting to other people who do airbnb in Cardiff, thanks.