New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,342 Replies 3,342

Hello good day 😊

The biggest impact i believe is the host has to be physically present in the property atleast during breakfast and dinner time.. cultural exchange and introducing local cuisine and explaining and helping with the guest itinerary will go a long way to to create a strong bond with guests 

Dennis1062
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Hello, I am Dennis from Cebu, Philippines 🇵🇭. I am currently in the construction industry (construction contracting) and I have a great love for dogs. 

I have been an Airbnb host for a little over a year now and became a Superhost about 9 months ago. 

I love to travel and my wife and I try to travel outside the country every year as much as possible. 

Being an Airbnb host is such a rewarding thing.  Seeing positive review of guests is truly a humbling experience and at the same time something that you can be proud of. 

Hi @Dennis1062 😊,

Welcome to the community!

It’s fantastic to have you here, and congratulations on achieving Superhost status. 😍

What has been the most memorable moment or review from your guests that made your hosting journey particularly rewarding? If you have one, don't hesitate to share it here with the other Hosts.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Eleni283
Level 2
Limni, Greece

Γεια σας,

είμαι η Έλενα και  ζω στη Limni  Ευβοίας στην Ελλάδα !

έφτιαξα, με πολύ αγάπη και μεράκι, ένα κατάλυμα δίπλα στη θάλασσα,  όπου θέλω οι φιλοξενούμενοί μου να αισθάνονται όμορφα, θετικά και άνετα, σαν να είναι στο σπίτι τους! Μακάρι να καταφέρω να το περάσω αυτό σε όσους θέλουν να  χαλαρώσουν και να περιηγηθούν στο όμορφο χωριό μου! 

Είμαι πολύ καινούργια και χαίρομαι που κατάφερα να μπω στην παρέα σας !  Ελπίζω να τα καταφέρνω κάθε χρόνο !

___

Hello,

I am Elena and I live in Limni Evia in Greece !

I created, with a lot of love and passion, an accommodation by the sea, where I want my guests to feel beautiful, positive and comfortable, as if they were at home! I hope I manage to pass this on to those who want to relax and tour my beautiful village!

I am very new and glad I was able to join your company ! I hope to make it every year !

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @Eleni283 😊,

Welcome to the community! 

We are happy to have you here.

How has your experience been so far? Have you received any bookings?

Warm regards,🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Καλημέρα Ελίσα !

Η αλήθεια είναι ότι η φιλοξενία που προσφέρω δεν είναι πολύ διαφορετική με αυτό που έκανα σε φίλους αλλά και απλούς τουρίστες, μόνο που τώρα πληρώνομαι...😁 !

Πάντα θέλω οι άνθρωποι που επισκεπτονται το χωριό μου να κάνουν ωραίες περιηγήσεις, να ανακαλύπτουν όμορφα μέρη και να περνάνε καλά. Είμαι πολύ  χαρούμενη όταν γνωρίζω άτομα, από όλο τον κόσμο, που επιλέγουν να έρθουν στο κατάλυμμά μου, σε ένα μικρό παραθαλάσσιο χωριό (Limni Evia) στην κεντρική Ελλάδα.

Είχα 14 κρατήσεις από τα μέσα Ιουνίου...όλες 5 αστέρια...! Τα λόγια τους και η κριτική τους με κάνουν να αισθάνομαι καταπληκτικά. Με κάνουν καλύτερη . Πάντα προσπαθώ να προσθέτω μικρές λεπτομέριες.

Ευχομαι να είμαστε καλά και όλος ο κόσμος να ηρεμήσει σύντομα !!

Σε ευχαριστώ για τα καλά σου λόγια 

Έλενα 

Ardit48
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Hello everyone,

I am Ardit Kokeri and i originally come from Tirana ,Albania but i am living in Berlin. I have been hosting since 5 years with Airbnb (with breaks here and there) and now i am fully active. It is lovely to see the experiences of other hosts of airbnb and to be the part of this community. 

Hi @Ardit48 😊

Welcome to the community! It’s great to have you back here, and we’re excited to hear about your hosting journey over the past five years.

How come you had different breaks with Airbnb?

Warm regards,🌻

-----

Paula2833
Level 2
Bridgetown, Barbados

Hi I am Paula I live and host in Barbados the Caribbean home of Rihanna, I am an interior decorator and was asked to prepare this house for Airbnb rental. It is a large 6 bedroom home on a cul de sac quiet neighbourhood, mature garden and close to all amenities.

My love of graphic design and interior decorating, gardening and carpentry has been a real help with creating an comfortable, warm welcoming space for vacation renters on a seriously tight budget. Plus it has been fun working with the housekeeper Genevive and the owner Neil.

Hi @Paula2833 😊

Welcome to the community center!

It’s wonderful to have you here from Barbados. 😍

With all your skills and experience, what’s one design element or creative idea you’re most proud of in making the space cozy for vacation renters?

Don’t hesitate to bring it up in the community by starting a new conversation here!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Marcus706
Level 2
Aberdeen, MS

Hi, I'm from the United States,  I enjoy new challenges and opportunities.  I'm glad to be apart of the community, I hope to gain and share helpful info.

Hi @Marcus706 😊

Welcome to the community center! 

How long have you been hosting? Is everything working well for you?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Hi Elisa, Actually I just got started,  I listed my property 2 days ago. So far it's going well, I have my 1st, 3 bookings already.  My first booking is next week. I hope all goes well.  Thanks for asking, and it's nice to meet you and to be apart of the community. 

Marcia853
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Hi,

Im from the Uk and hosting in the UK.

Hi @Marcia853 😊,

Welcome to the community center, and thank you for posting here!

In which city in the UK are you hosting? How is it going?

Warm regards🌻,

-----