New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,620 Replies 3,620
Malcolm238
Level 2
Saint-Salvadour, France

@Rebecca , thank you for the tip.

The trouble with the Fens is that it is a bit flat, I like the hills and I have them here.

It's also great to do something you love, well done.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

You're welcome @Malcolm238! Hopefully we'll see you around on the Community Center often! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Dr--Bill0
Level 2
Manasquan, NJ

Hi Dr Bill here living in Manasquan NJ  USA aka part of the Jersey Shore.  My family has own the housetsince 1956. I only recently (pass two years) have made it available.  My place is eight blocks from the Ocean and two blocks away from the train to NYc. I have been happy with the guests and have achieved outstanding reviews. I look forward to being a part of this group.  Dr Bill

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Welcome @Dr--Bill0! ๐Ÿ‘‹

It must be very special to be welcoming people from all over the world in your family house. What have been some of your favourite moments with hosting guests so far? 

-----

Jaime924
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi Bhumika! Greetings from New York City. I have been a host with Airbnb since 2017. I currently manage 4 properties that I own: 2 in New York City and 2 in Fire Island Pines.  I'm hoping to help other hosts with their properties in two locations in Fire Island: The Pines and Cherry Grove. Right now the co-host program is not open in New York City. Looking forward to learning from all of you and helping others hosting their properties. Thanks!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jaime924,

Thank you so much for your introduction, and best of luck with your co-hosting project! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I see youโ€™re a Superhostโ€”congratulations! Would you like to share a bit about your journey? What were your top 3 strategies for achieving this milestone?

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks, @Paula,

I have been a super host for the past 6 years. The three most repeated comments that I get from my guests on their reviews are:

- Friendliness and quickness on my communication with them.

- The accuracy on the descriptions and photos of my properties; along with all the useful amenities I provided.

- My willingness and flexibility to accommodate their needs to the best of my ability.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing @Jaime924 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bridgit10
Level 1
Punta Gorda, FL

Hi, I'm Bridgit from the US, currently living in Punta Gorda, FL, with another home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I love to travel and discovered my passion for co-hosting a few years ago. I currently manage several properties and am excited to keep expanding my portfolio. Iโ€™m always looking for tips and tricks to help property owners succeed and increase profitability!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Bridgit10, a warm welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Are you co-hosting other properties remotely or in person?

Best regards,

-----

Hi,
Iโ€™m from Oregon and have a passion for being a great host. I enjoy connecting with people and sharing experiences. Looking forward to getting to know more of you and networking.

Cheers!
Gary

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Gary1419 ๐Ÿ˜Š

I see youโ€™re a Superhostโ€”congratulations! Would you like to share a bit about your journey? What were your top 3 strategies for achieving this milestone?

Best regards,

-----

Hello ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you so much for the recognition! Itโ€™s been quite a rewarding journey to become a Superhost.

Here are my top 3 strategies that helped me achieve this milestone:

1. Thoughtful Interior Design: I focused on creating a cozy and inviting space with attention to design details and integrating modern technologies to elevate the guest experience.

2. Impeccable Cleanliness: Cleanliness is non-negotiable in my properties. I ensure every space is spotless, which has led to consistently positive feedback from guests.

3. Personal Touch: I like to go the extra mile by leaving handwritten welcome notes along with snacks and bottled water upon arrival. This small gesture makes guests feel truly welcomed and appreciated.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing @Gary1419 ๐ŸŒป

-----

Of course, happy to help ๐Ÿ˜€