New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,296 Replies 2,296
Mary6034
Level 2
Concord, NC

I am excited to be a host for Air BNB, and so thankful for the opportunity to be part of this great community. I hope to learn from others and collaborate with to create amazing experiences for our customers as well as build rapport with the local community. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mary6034 Welcome! What you've described is exactly what the community is for! 😎

If you happen to have any questions you would like to ask the
wider community, feel free to start a conversation 👇🏽 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true 

I'm sure many fellow Hosts will have lots of advice to share. 

We look forward to hearing more about your journey 😊

-----

Elma606
Level 2
Dubrovnik, Croatia

Hello, I'm Elma and I live in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Dubrovnik is located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. I have been a host for 6 years. My guiding principle when hosting is to always treat my guests the way I would want someone to treat me in a foreign country.

Best regards from sunny and warm Dubrovnik

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elma606, I hope you're well 😊. Thank you for sharing your guiding principle, it's very sweet. What is your highlight for the last 6 years of Hosting? 😎

-----

Jeannie146
Level 1
Butte, MT

Good Morning from Butte, Montana! My name is Jeannie and I love historic architecture and there is plenty in Butte,which was once the richest hill on earth!! Yes,  once upon a time. a very heavy black iridescent rock was discovered which soon exposed it’s purpose. It held the precious metal called copper. For many years, Butte supplied the whole world with the critical element needed for electricity and the new inventions of lights and telephone’s … or shall we say “ lights, camera’s action!” I am listing a huge in town venue for weddings and all celebrations! It includes a very big but charming house and a church complete with kitchen, dining/dance hall and off street parking. I wish Airbnb had a venue catagory! Any suggestions for marketing? I put it under castles 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jeannie146, welcome to the Community Center! 🎉
Wow that's a really interesting fact 😮 thank you for sharing it with us! 

That's a great question! Please feel free to start
a conversation asking the wider community for advice here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

The Community Center is full of wonderful and experienced Hosts that I'm sure will help 😊

-----

Innocent18
Level 2
Arusha, Tanzania

@Breanna Hello Hi I am Innocent,born in Tanzania & live 🇹🇿 ,I like Animals (🐈🐕🐎🦁) ,safari 🚙🛣,natural🌴🌵🐬🦅🕊 ,Driving 🚗, racing 🏎,  gaming,I  am new to this community  & I  need friends. 

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Extending you a warm welcome on behalf of all the Community Managers,@Innocent18 ‌🤗‌ 

That's quite the incredible list of hobbies you have.  Looking forward to hearing about what inspired you to become a Host!

-----

Thanks to you all...I am happy to meet you. @Breanna

I started hosting Because of Profts (Money) & investment,investor's in my city cause there is a lots of wildlife parks and conservation areas  where you can see the wild animals,Dempst rivers in the world Etc so many things. 

Susan5459
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I'm a host in LA. I'm trying to connect with other homeowners in the local area. I used to be onsite but am moving for a job. Looking forward to hearing about how hosts are keeping expenses low, satisfying guests, and other helpful tools!  Thanks.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan5459 ! A very warm welcome to the Community Center🌻

Did you get a chance to view discussions from other Hosts? If you happen to have any questions for other Hosts in the Community, do share them by starting a new conversation by clicking below! I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to connect with you😍!

Bhumika_1-1700515948264.png

-----

Rohit106
Level 2
Dharamshala, India

Great to see you and introducing yourself of my country India my mother land.

I am from Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra (Himachal Pradesh)

We had just constructed our Home Stay -Apna Gharonda.

We need a guidance to fullfill the basic needs of Airbnb required to run our Homestay successfully and become the family of Airbnb.

Regards

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rohit106 !! It is so great to see your comment!! I have been to Himachal Pradesh (But Kullu & Manali😆) . Dharamshala has always been on my wishlist but somehow never managed to visit it. But I've heard it is very beautiful!

The name of your home stay is so lovely and meaningfu😍l!! I hope the guests enjoy every bit of your hospitality and all the very best for your journey.

If you have any questions related to Hosting, do share your questions with us by creating a new topic. I am sure our lovely Host members would love to share their experiences and tips with you🌻.

-----

Thanks to read your full supporting word. Really blessed.

Chukwuemeka3
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

I was born and raised in Nigeria🇳🇬 and came to the US 🇺🇸 for engineering college and work and now I’m in the energy business and airbnbs in both countries as I’m going back and forth. My hobbies are football ️, sudoku, jet skiing, swimming and traveling (quarterly lol).