New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,200 Replies 2,200
Christine4347
Level 2
Wallbridge, Canada

I am Christine from Ontario,  Canada. I started my Airbnb journey in 2019. I've had a few hickups with guests, and I am still learning. I no longer do instant book. I like to talk to my guests prior to accepting reservations. Things have been a little slow this summer, but I do get more lst minute enquiries then I have for the last few years. Hello everyone.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Christine4347 , Welcome to the Community Center 🌻 

Thanks so much for sharing about your hosting experience with us. Have you found any significant changes in terms of bookings after shifting from instant booking to talking with guests prior to accepting reservations? Has it significantly improved your hosting experience?

-----

Валентина15
Level 1
Chernivtsi, Ukraine

Привіт. Я Валентина з України.🇺🇦 У моєму місті красива природа, смачна їжа і привітні люди живуть.  Мені подобається подорожувати, плавати, кататися на лижах, велосипеді, водити машину, танцювати , дивитися документальні фільми, вивчати історію, читати книги по психології , духовно розвиватися. Також я мати 6 дітей , які потребують постійної допомоги , турботи, піклування. З ними я навчилася смачно готовити, випікати, прибирати. Це допомагає тепер мені бути кращою в домашніх справах. 
 Моє житло знаходиться в красивому місці, де є паркова зона, озеро, кафе і ресторани, дитячі майданчики, ринок, торгові центри. Всі зручності в доступній зоні. Для наших гостей ми здаємо наше улюблене житло, яке підготовили з любовʼю. Воно створене в скандинавському стилі, світле, просторе , зручне. Подарує гостям комфорт, легкість, гармонію.  Ми вас зустрінемо і будемо раді вас бачити в нашій оселі. 

Google Translation added by Community Manager: Hello. I am Valentina from Ukraine. 🇺🇦 Beautiful nature, delicious food and friendly people live in my city. I like to travel, swim, ski, bike, drive, dance, watch documentaries, study history, read books on psychology, develop spiritually. I also have 6 children who need constant help, care, and attention. With them, I learned how to cook, bake, and clean. It helps me to be better at housework now. 
 My apartment is located in a beautiful place where there is a park area, a lake, cafes and restaurants, playgrounds, a market, and shopping centers. All amenities are within easy reach. For our guests, we rent out our favorite accommodation, which we have prepared with love. It is designed in Scandinavian style, bright, spacious, comfortable. Gives guests comfort, lightness, harmony.  We will meet you and be glad to see you in our home.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Валентина15 👋

Thank you so much for popping by and introducing yourself. A huge welcome to the Community Center from myself and the team! It's great to have you here with us. 

Your listing looks lovely and the pop of yellow from the tulips is so inviting! 🌷 

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊

-----

Kim4550
Level 1
Store Heddinge, Denmark

Jeg hedder Kim og har en lejlighed til airbnb gæster på 97 m2. Vi  bor 60km fra København i Danmark, tæt på STEVS KLINT Experience som er på UNESCO Verdensarv. Vi bor i dejlig natur med fred og ro og med mulighed for gode oplevelser,

Google Translation added by Community Manager: My name is Kim and I have an apartment for airbnb guests of 97 m2. We live 60km from Copenhagen in Denmark, close to the STEVS KLINT Experience which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We live in lovely nature with peace and quiet and the opportunity for good experiences,

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kim4550 👋

Thank you so much for stopping by! Is the STEVS KLINT Experience the site that shows the story of the extinction of dinosaurs? I think I've seen a documentary on it before and would love to take my children one day! 

Your space sounds amazing! Wishing you all the best! 🍀

-----

Kim4550
Level 1
Store Heddinge, Denmark

Hi @Rebecca 
You are absolutely right about the Stevns Klint Experience. It is a fantastic place with good documentation of the time many hundreds of years ago. Thank you for your greeting

Sandrine1111
Level 1
Palomar Mountain, CA

Hi, I am Sandrine. I am French yet, I am living in San Diego, CA USA since 24 years now.

We stumble on a small mountain, Palomar Mountain, in San Diego county about 4 years ago and we loved it so much that we are now living there full time.

We have our main house and 2 cabins on airbnb (Twin Oaks and Cedar Crest).  For a city person and very active in the life science community, it has been quite an unexpected change but we love being immersed in Nature and just learning how to take time to enjoy life...

IMG_1493.jpeg

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sandrine1111 and little goat 🐐👋 

What a huge change in lifestyle for you but how exciting! How long have you been hosting for? 

That photo is just too adorable, thank you so much for sharing! 

-----

Janet1542
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hello everyone I'm Janet, I am a proud Mexican born, raised in Chicago and now living in L.A for the last twenty years or so.  Two years ago I decided that I wanted to plant new roots in Chicago and give it a try to be by-coastal. I purchased a building in Chicago and now one of my units is an Airbnb. I love art, creating, and representing my culture to the highest while doing so.In this Airbnb I was able to combine my love for interior decor with my obsession for vintage furniture and  the profound love I have for my culture, curating not just a place to sleep but a place to create the most amazing memories while people discover the beauty of my Mexican neighborhood in the city that stole my heart while when I was just a kid. Been in business for seven months now and things have been great so far, lets pray it just keeps getting better.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Janet1542, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, and thank you for this wonderful presentation!

I would love to see some of the interior decor in your listing. Would you like to share some photos? 😍Our Host community would truly appreciate and admire your talents.

I look forward to reading more of your contributions to our community 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

my name is Althea and I live in Antioch, CA 

this my first time to rent my home on Airbnb, one of my good friends has her home on your platform and  she tells me it's a little slow as of now.

I'm also on the Furnished Finders platform to rent my home out.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Althea41, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! 😊

I wish you the very best in your hosting journey. What inspired you to become a Host? Have you had the pleasure of welcoming your first guests yet?

Please keep us updated ✌️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Julie6220
Level 2
Luton, United Kingdom

@Paula I am inspired to be a host so that I can pay off the mortgage without starving to death and maybe take my children on holiday one day.

Hi

My name is Mijael, I am from Cochabamba, Bolivia