New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,982 Replies 1,982
Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hello! American living in Sweden, but has an airbnb in Mykonos, Greece. Hope I can get some nice convos and support here! https://www.airbnb.com/h/themykonoshouse

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Michalis46 👋

Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 👋

While you're exploring, take a moment to check out all the amazing resources available in the Community Center. It's a vibrant hub where you can connect with fellow hosts and get valuable support.

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊 

-----

Bhaskar17
Level 2
Greater Noida, India

Hi, I am Bhaskar from Greater Noida, India and I have put my family property at Patna my hometown on Airbnb.  

I am here to try Airbnb as an additional income source and also as an happening place for my parents by having visitors and doing hospitality for them. 

Also there are some other unused properties of ours at different locations which I want to put on Airbnb and make best use from. 

What I am struggling right now is to understand what to expect from different properties in terms of monthly income, how many days of occupancy and what all I can do to improve my visibility and my commitments as a great host

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bhaskar17 👋

While you're exploring, take a moment to check out all the amazing resources available in the Community Center. It's a vibrant hub where you can connect with fellow hosts and get valuable support.

-----

Hello everyone I'm Frank and I'm from Guayaquil - Ecuador I just started hosting on Airbnb with my property located in the coastal city of Olon - Ecuador.

I'd like you to give me good vibes to get my first guest soon.

Hi Frank-Fernando0,

Positive thoughts & good vibes coming your way from McHenry, Illinois, USA!

Bettye6

Michael8768
Level 2
Stratford, CT

Where are you from?  >>>  Hi, I'm from the Northeast of the US of A.

And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?   >>>  I've had a remote rental house for 30 years in Vermont which I have shared with friends and folks looking for a rental.   I joined Airbnb to assist with rental exposure and I've been quite happy with the results. 

Since my house is remote, I've installed environment monitoring tools to assist me in maintaining the house.  I was looking for some consideration of how I need to monitor my remote property and found that Airbnb support was not responding such the I could get answers.  Asking to escalate and discuss with Airbnb my concerns was going in circles, so I joined the community to see if anyone else had problems communicating with support.

You will not read that I am complaining about Airbnb because if they do well, I'll do well.  Thus in full disclosure, I have no complaint other than a minor difficulty in having a discussion with Airbnb leadership.   I am sure with persistent communication attempts, I'll eventually get to someone who can help.   That's my story, looking forward to reading the forums and ask all to help Airbnb be successful.   Thank you!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Michael8768 👋

-----

Rochelle155
Level 1
Loveland, CO

Hi and welcome! My name is Rochelle and I am a host in Loveland, a beautifu city in northern Colorado. In addition to being the most popular place

to mail Valentine’s Day cards, Loveland is on the eastern base of the Rocky Mountains, about one hour north of Denver, Colorado. 
After traveling extensively and staying in AirBnb’s , I decided to become a host because I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. 
I hope to learn more from each of you! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rochelle155 👋

Hello and welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 👋

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊 

-----

Hello! I am Debasis. Hosting in Austin, Texas since October 2023. Glad to be here. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Deb4790 👋

Hello and welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 👋

Here are a couple of my favourite boards that you might find helpful:

Ask about your listing -This is a fantastic board where you can ask other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. 

Advice on your space - If you have any questions or need guidance specifically related to your space, this board is perfect for you. Whether it's about amenities, home decor, or even bedding choices, our community is here to assist you.

Feel free to explore these boards and engage in conversations. And if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you!

-----

Καλημέρα σε όλη την κοινότητα!!

Είμαι η Γλυκερία Τραπεζικός στο επάγγελμα και μόλις επέστρεψα από τη Βουδαπέστη μετά από 8 μήνες!!Θα εκτιμούσα τις πολύτιμες συμβουλές σας για την προβολή του καταλύματός μου [Amaryllis Apartments ]που βρισκόταν στη Βραύρωνα Αττικής.

Ουσιαστικά μία κράτησή έγινε από μία εξαιρετική οικογένεια από τη Μολδαβία η οποία μου ζητούσε έναν σύνδεσμο για να γράψουν σχόλια για τη διαμονή τους .. όμως δεν ήξερα και επιπλέον αντιμετώπισε την επείγουσα μετάθεσή μου!!

Σας ευχαριστώ για τον χρόνο σας!! και εύχομαι σε όλους μας ένα όμορφο καλοκαιρι!!

Hi, Originally from  🇲🇽 but live in Atlanta Ga. 🇺🇸

I just Airbnb my 1948 Spartan vintage trailer that includes a vintage  "boat jacuzzi" and cedar barrel sauna. take a look on my profile and tell me what you think.

I like mountain biking,  that's why i build a campervan to tour the USA. I think I can call myself an  entrepreneur and daydreamer😎 

I also love 🌮🌮🌮🌮 tacos  and talk to people.

Glad to be here!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hector611 👋

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊

-----