No response from airbnb - canceling month stay during reservation?

Ashley1374
Level 2
Depew, NY

No response from airbnb - canceling month stay during reservation?

Hello. I checked into an Airbnb on Sunday and I messaged the Airbnb help as soon as Monday. Unfortunately, I've only received computer-generated responses. I continued to try for several days but still was given the generic response - that they would match me with an appropriate team member shortly. Finally, I requested a partial refund on Thursday but my host did not respond within the hour so it was sent to Airbnb support. They still haven't responded. I sent several more messages through different avenues, but no luck. Should I cancel my reservation? I already left the Airbnb due to how uncomfortable and unsafe I felt. Should I cancel my reservation? I would like to open the calendar for the host, as it is unfair that he is left with blocked days. However, there is no refund for the cancellation because it is a month stay and I am worried that canceling will impact my partial refund request with Airbnb support.. I am unsure what to do. Please advise. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably you raised your concerns with the host about your stay? @Ashley1374  What did they say? 

you should never stay somewhere you don't feel safe.

it's terrible airbnb hasn't got back to you.

i would call them rather than reaching out online.

as you know you wouldn't normally be entitled to a refund under the long term policy unless you can show the listing wasn't as advertised.

can you say what is making you feel unsafe? In what way is the accommodation not as described in the listing? 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ashley1374, I'm sorry to hear about this. Were you able contact Airbnb about this in the end? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen