Now's your chance to let Brian Chesky know your thoughts on Twitter

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Now's your chance to let Brian Chesky know your thoughts on Twitter

Brian has posted this on Twitter. 
Let him know your thoughts.
He probably won't listen, but at least we can try.

Stephanie365_0-1642312675360.png

17 Replies 17
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie365  The mere fact of his question shows what a waste of time it would be. Launch? His platform earns a worse reputation every day, his customer service dept. is a shameful sham, hosts are treated like misbehaving toddlers and leaving in disgust, etc, etc, and he wants to ignore all that. 

These young dot com billionnaires are all the same- "I'll call it Meta now and everyone will forget about all the unethical things I've done and all the trouble I'm in".

It's like going to the nursery to choose flowers to put in a yard full of dog poop and wrecked cars.

@Sarah977 Airbnb is having a midlife crisis.

It already bought an embarrassing sports car and a toupee, and it's been dating a property manager with plastic boobs before it's even finalized the divorce from Mom. 

But at least it hasn't started building phallic rockets for space tourism yet. 

@Anonymous  Bwahahaha! Thanks for the laugh 🤣

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Stephanie365  Thank you for the heads up re what BC was asking, and I have added my suggestion to whatever the other 4000 repliers said on Twitter!

Whilst I agree that it's more than possible he won't take any notice of what anyone says, by the same token, there's always a possibility that he might - especially if what is suggested would help reduce the Company's costs whilst also making for a happier atmosphere within certain departments.

Far better to respond to BC on channels he uses than venting one's frustrations/comments on here where few (especially not BC himself) will ever see or read them (no disrespect meant to @Sarah977 @Anonymous by my saying that).

Yes, Airbnb does need to change in various ways, but from what I've seen and read on different channels, a lot goes on that us mere hosts first find out about after changes have been implemented.

Personally I'd rather he asked for suggestions, and that he was sent lots, rather than he asked and the airwaves were silent, as all of us on here HAVE gained in one way or another from what he began - haven't we?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Here are the results. Obviously top priorities.  :-?

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 8.56.53 AM.png

@Emilia42  What does "Updated cleaning fees" supposed to mean? And oh, gee, guests want to stay longer with more discounts? What a great idea.

I'm surprised "No pet fees for less than 5 dogs" didn't make it into the top 6.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

In most situations there is no such thing as a true discount.  Any service provider or vendor will always raise the base price before offering a discount or promotion to ensure that the desired profit is still obtained.

@Sarah977, I truly hope that the cleaning fee will be updated to list weekly cleaning as an option besides the daily and one-time fees. 

I don't use Twitter, and missed the announcement.  I would have requested that the search filter not display results of listings that don't accept children when that guest type is included in the reservation.  I recently discovered that even if a property has selected that children are not allowed, Airbnb puts  the onus on hosts to decline the request/reservation.  So, it's not fully the guests' fault (although they should read all details before booking) when they try to reserve a place with their kids, because there really is not a filter for child-friendly accommodations.  On my listing pages, I entered one adult and one child, the desired booking dates, and there weren't any warning messages or systematic blockage due to the restricted guest type.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

That's because the Crypto bots bombarded his account telling him to Take Crypto.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Thanks @Stephanie365.  I didn't get there in time to add anything.  The list that resulted is pretty guest-centric, which is fine.  I like 2 and 3 the best.  If they start accepting crypto, fine, just don't pay me in crypto, please!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 At least improved customer service made it onto the list - I wonder if this is one he was already working on!

But Airbnb's idea of 'improved CS' is vastly different from that of any host, or even guest. They think improvement is directing reps to simply come across as more empathetic and understanding. 'Hello Superhost, thank you for being you, I am listening.' That's it. No actual improvement in the quality of service. 

omg @Colleen253, I cannot stand this! The last time I contacted CS, I had to weed through about 6 paragraphs of how special and unique I was before I could even realize that my question was not being answered. Maybe that is the strategy. If we repeat over and over again how special our hosts are, they will forget why they called . . . 

@Emilia42 Could very well be. Also, it seems it's difficult enough to obtain any sort of positive resolution when contacting CS these days, that there is almost no point in getting them involved in any situation. Besides that, it's become downright risky to reach out. One never knows what inadvertent snafu may result, such as a listing suspension or such. Although in the past I have had good help from CS, today I would only contact Airbnb if there was absolutely no choice otherwise.

@Colleen253 

Agreed. I very, very rarely contact them. But honestly, there is a little pinch of fear that comes with every reservation that a guest is going to contact them behind my back, resulting in a listing suspension or such. This is a huge reason why I breathe a sigh of relief when I take a direct booking.