Ordering stuff at an airbnb property

Ordering stuff at an airbnb property

Hello, I have the same question. I've been living in an airbnb for 2 months now and I'd like to order some stuff online (i.e amazon, ikea, m&s,etc) but I don't know whether I'm supposed to give the name of my host on the payment page or my name?

The name on the letterboxof the airbnb is my host's name obiously as he lives next door 

Also if Fedex or UPS delivers & ask for a signature, the host will have to sign ( even if it's parcel for me) as there is no doorbell for my airbnb property) so how dos this work?

Do I put my host's name on the payment page of the online website or my name?

ISn't the name of the person ordering associated with the name on the letterbox

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dave1121 First thing you should do is agree with the host that they are happy for you to receive parcels etc. at their property. If they are then use your name or it will get very confusing.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dave1121 

You should absolutely ask your host's permission before ordering any parcels to be sent to the listing. Also, I would never use someone else's name on payment details, especially without their permission. I'm not sure that's even legal.

@Dave1121   You put your own name and billing address in the payment fields, and the receiving name/address in the shipping field.  If (and only if) your host gives you explicit permission to receive mail at the property, you could label the recipient as "Dave [surname] c/o [Host's Name]." But I really don't recommend dumping any responsibility for your mail onto the host. It's really an abuse of their hospitality.

Instead, I recommend having your orders sent to a pickup location; for example, an Amazon locker or UPS drop box.