Payments

Kim3389
Level 2
Kihei, HI

Payments

I would like to ask the community if they have been involved with payment issues and communication with Airbnb.  I recently purchased a condo in Hawaii, have renovated it, and have 50k on the books with Airbnb.  Unfortunately, my account was hacked and a payment from three guests ago was sent to someone else's account.  I have now hosted three different guests and have yet to be paid.  Unfortunately, Airbnb is an online communication only.  When I call and speak to someone, I am "assured" that someone will call me from the "specialized team".  Still waiting.  I love hosting, but don't love doing it for free.  

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kim3389 have you filed a police report with regards to your payments being stolen?

No I have not.  I have asked them if I need to and get no answer.  

AirBnB Support is atrociously bad when you have a real or serious problem - and especially bad when it comes to payments. 

Serach the forum and you will find endless people complaining of no payments, no explanation and no support from AirBnB. 

They obviously know this is a problem, yet nothing appears to be done about it. 

Like many other hosts, Air BnB randomly stopped paying for bookings at two of our bookings in May and we have had no information since then, no help and have no way to escalate the problem. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Kim3389, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  I have made sure to pass what you said here on to the team as well. I hope they will be able to help you out with this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen