Payout "glitch" deducts THOUSANDS of dollars as an "Adjustment" citing a 2-year-old, CANCELLED reservation which we were never paid out in the first place! Please advise!

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

Payout "glitch" deducts THOUSANDS of dollars as an "Adjustment" citing a 2-year-old, CANCELLED reservation which we were never paid out in the first place! Please advise!

FACTS

1. We hosted a non-refundable, 7-night reservation back in July 7, 2019 -July 14, 2019 (on a property we no longer manage)

2. Guest Canceled the reservation after just 1 night in the home, and Support immediately refunded the guest $1,880.00 of the $2,042.50 payout, prior to paying anything out to the host. (without legitimate reason and without consulting host)

3. Host received a Payout of ONLY $218.50 for the 1 night stay. - NO other payouts were made to host on this reservation.

4. On 6-24-2021 (2 years later):  $2,042.50 was deducted as an "Adjustment" from our payout on a completely different property, owned by a different homeowner!

We contacted Airbnb support via phone and they said; "...there was a glitch on the system with your payout granting you those $2042.50 and the system recognized that error so it took it back.".  I explained to support that we never received those funds, and we then reviewed the "Transaction History" together on the phone, confirming that I was never paid. Support said he needed to get with his supervisor to correct the issue and promised to call me back that same afternoon with a resolution. I asked him to please document our call via support message so I could reach him again, which he did before ending our call.

A week later and no response from support... Despite sending daily follow-up messages, including requests to speak with a supervisor, and having clear evidence, we are still out thousands of dollars with no answers.

Any advice on who can we call and / or what can we do???

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott125  in circumstances like this @Nick may be able to chivvy Customer Support for you.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh, I'm sorry to see you are are dealing with this issue @Scott125. I have forwarded all the information you provided to CS and I will update you via DM as soon as I have some information. I do hope this will be resolved soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for tagging me @Mike-And-Jane0 

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

Thanks @Nick, I appreciate your help and look fwd to hearing back from you. Hopefully you get a response.... I'm STILL waiting for one.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry @Scott125 I must have missed your reply here. I've sent you a few DMs, as you know but added a new one on there just now, in case you see this thread first

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

.... STILL can't get a response, waiting to hear back from a supervisor weeks after they snatched more than 2k of our money.... due to a "glitch". For Airbnb to have knowingly made such a huge error and then not immediately provide a solution and repayment is unfathomable.  Am I the only one this has happened too? Might want to check transaction history and adjustments for the above dates.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Open a paypal account to receive your Airbnb payments and remove your banking information from the platform. That is absolutely outrageous.

Request immediately for this situation to be escalated and keep calling.

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

That wouldn't have helped in this situation because they didn't pull it from our bank account... they simply kept the money from our current reservation ON A DIFFERENT PROPERTY and just didn't pay us out!

I've sent 10 messages requesting to be escalated. Crickets.

Scott125
Level 3
Florida, United States

Ironically,  poor airbnb support making the uninformed decision to give the guests a refund 2 years ago is what cost us the management contract on that property and why we no longer manage it.

So between poor support and a "glitch", Airbnb has now unfairly taken almost $4,100 from us on this $2,042 reservation alone!

Now waiting almost 3 WEEKS to speak with a supervisor, despite following up every other day....  while they have our money.