People are booking AirBnBs in Ukraine as a mechanism to support Ukrainians

Karla533
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

People are booking AirBnBs in Ukraine as a mechanism to support Ukrainians

In case you haven't heard, people from all over the world are booking AirBnB stays in Ukraine as a mechanism to send kind words and money to suffering people. (Just to be clear, the guest does not show up.)

ABB has dropped all fees for the host in Ukraine. I am so pleased that ABB has done this, and is continuing to do what it can to accept these bookings.

I made a Ukranian booking and the messages I received in return were deeply heartwarming. As hosts we already know to book the stay at soon as possible, so that the money gets to the host as soon as possible.

There is some concern that the recipient host may not be able to access bank accounts easily. For me, it was a chance I was willing to take.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/ukraine-airbnb-donations-cec/index.html

4 Replies 4
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I booked a photo shooting for this afternoon.

Private accomodations are difficult to find for this weekend. But you will still find lots of experiences.

Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

Would this work with countries who are taking in Ukranian refugees? Could i book an airbnb in Poland for example in order to provide some accommodation for Ukranian refugees? Are Airbnb hosts in Poland  open to this idea possibly at a reduced rate?

@Alexandra199 I don't think you can do what you are suggesting as it would be a 3rd party booking. I would suggest a donation to a charity supporting Ukranian refugees is the best way to go.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Alexandra199 You could donate through Airbnb.org - thus helping to provide free housing to refugees, where it is needed. As far as I know as a host, currently most housing is needed in Poland.