Pet Cleaning Fee

Joshua495
Level 1
Durham, NC

Pet Cleaning Fee

Im new to this and I was curious about the requesting money.  Since it goes through the resolution center, I do not want Airbnb to leave a negative mark on the recipient of that request.   Does the recipient get any negative mark when you request money.  I want to use this as an easy alternative to charging a pet cleaning fee.  Is Airbnb ever going to make this simple and part of the reservation?

Joshua

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hosts have been asking for a pet fee since before 2012, when I started, so I think the answer to your last question is no, @Joshua495 .

By negative mark do you mean will you go down in the search rankings because you request money frequently? I don't think so, since many hosts do it, but I haven't tried it. 

What I do is just make sure my nightly rate covers cleaning up after muddy dogs. Sure, that means everyone, even those not fortunate enough to travel with a muddy dog, have to pay the price, but it is easier for me.

The dogless guests don't even know. 🙂

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Joshua495 @Lawrene0 no, neither you nor the recipient gets any negative mark from a resolution center request, and no, Airbnb shows no sign of listening to hosts clamoring for this feature.

The silver lining: no Airbnb fees apply to resolution center payments.